“Embarrassed. Will not return.”
Review of Miltons Restaurant

Miltons Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 152 Restaurants in Wokingham
Price range: US$10 - US$48
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Miltons is an Award-Winning 2 AA Rosettes restaurant housed in a stunning converted 17th Century barn, with it's own secluded courtyard garden. Specialised in Modern European cuisine with locally sourced food and seasonally changing menu.
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Took 2 colleagues for lunch here, having read generally positive reviews. I was looking for something slightly out of town and away from the office.

Arrived at 1230 on a weekday, no other diners there which, although odd, wasnt a problem.

Colleagues asked to have the salmon starter as a main course. I opted for the ribs. The salmom looked good, albeit clearly still a starter-sized portion. My ribs were gargantuan in size..incredibly tough, lacking flavour, with a minimal amount of meat. Clearly suffering from "freezer burn". Even with a steak knife it was difficult to remove the meat from the bone. My colleagues watched in embarrassment as I attempted to salvage a meal, having finished their dish as quickly as it arrived.

Mentioned this overall experience to the waiter who seemed a bit shell shocked, but in typical British fashion, duly paid and left to avoid a commotion. Overall I was very embarrassed and will not be returning again.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Visited after a walk on a weekday, we were the only ones in their a group of 4 of us with our babies.
The waiter was really good moved tables made us feel welcoming and accommodated us all.
We all ordered sandwiches which was plentiful and really good prices.
Will be back ...

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I had a lovely birthday dinner with my husband at Miltons Restaurant today. The food was delicious, we had a wonderful table by the fire and the wait staff were attentive and friendly. We will definitely be returning soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We went to Miltons a while ago and the food was excellent and I gave a very good review on this website

We returned this evening for a birthday celebration and I have to say it was pretty poor, the website we booked through (open table) advertises pheasant, goats cheese and beetroot, scallops, crab, caviar, lamb etc etc
The menu we were given this evening was fish and chips, lasagne and burgers, if we could’ve got another table at such short notice we would have left.
It was like going to the harvester!

We won’t be going back, which is a shame as it WAS an incredibly good restaurant

The waitress was very nice though and she’s the reason I gave two stars instead of one

2  Thank nathancS3267YB
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went for our anniversary meal, food was top notch, lovely burger and ribs. Service was outstanding with the two waiters being very attentive and friendly showing good understanding recommending wines and food. Highly recommended.