“Good but expensive, and a little disappointing.”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #8 of 55 Restaurants in Cobham
Price range: US$5 - US$73
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Founded by four friends from Surrey, we are passionate about creating exceptional dishes and cocktails with British produce and serving the best of British wine and ale in a relaxed environment where you feel at home. The Plough Inn forms the culmination of much dreaming to bring something special to our local area with a team from some of London's top venues including Head Chef John Sparks from Mayfair's Dunhill Club and General Manager Axel Murrle to bring a fresh new pub to Surrey. We look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Went to the Plough Inn with friends, a very pleasant and comfortable quiet pub, with a great atmosphere. The staff where very pleasant and helpful. Then food was excellent quality, and a good selection from the sharers, starters and mains. The food is a little pricey than other pubs in the surrounding area, I would say £2 to £3, more that the average per dish, for similar type and quality of food, but with this type of ambiance, and the style, and location of the pub, you can expect to pay a bit extra. But what I do object to is the 12.5% service charge, in a PUB, the service charge is added to food and drink, served at your table.
Not somewhere we would probably go back to, a real shame.

1  Thank Alec W
Sam R, General Manager at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Alec W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent experience with us; we really appreciate people taking the time to assist us in developing and improving our offering.

I am glad to hear the food and service was excellent and friendly. We are a little more expensive than some other restaurants in the area but this is because we use much higher quality ingredients than other pubs/restaurants and prefer to support smaller business by sourcing food and drink items from them whenever possible. We believe the quality matches the price and think of ourselves as more of a steakhouse/restaurant with a pub feel than a classic pub with classic pub grub.

The service charge on the bill is completely optional and this is documented on the bill and is only placed on bills where service has been received as in most restaurants or pubs in our local area.If you feel the service you received was not worth the service charge this can be removed without hesitation or offence.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your experience with you further if you could email me at sam@theploughinncobham.co.uk

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Returned to the plough inn once again for a great steak and wasn’t disappointed. Food and service excellent !

1  Thank browneyisbond

Dear broneyisbond,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us; your feedback is greatly appreciated and I am glad to hear you are a regularly visiting guest.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Had a nice evening and we all thought the food was good, but nothing exceptional considering the price. The Baked Alaska was not a as a Alaska should be,...it was flat... so that was a let down, pardon the pun. Staff were really nice, but there was something missing for me, which I cannot place.

Dear ChelseaBarbados,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your most recent visit; we appreciate all feedback as it helps us to develop and improve our offering.

We take great pride in sourcing only the finest ingredients we can both locally and further afield; with our steaks coming from cows in the Yorkshire dales from one of the UK's best farm/butcher. Our chef's also put a lot of thought and effort into their dishes; including the puddings which is why I would I appreciate if you would get in touch with me directly on sam@theploughinncobham.co.uk so we can discuss furtherr and I can pass on your comments to my head chef. I would also like to discuss why else you thought something was missing and what we could possible do to really impress you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We where for dinner with a friends, the stuff was a great helpful perfect.
The quality of food was the top ! The place is incredible and beautiful.
Great location. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Artilon

Dear Artilon,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. I am glad you enjoyed all aspect of your visit and appreciate the amount of effort we have put into our decor and garden.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Had great meal stoking up son on brief visit home from uni - excellent vibe at bar with team demonstrating wide knowledge of wots happening uk wide on the bar scene. Great food enhanced with really attentive but not overbearing waitress Jo who along with guys at bar made our visit memorable and we will be back again soon! Highly recommend to families with older ‘kids’ looking for mix that crosses generations! (Even if we as parents still think we r young)

1  Thank Gilly S

Dear Gilly S,

Thank you for the kind words in your review. I am glad to hear you "big kids" had a wonderful time here with us recently and that my team were able to answer all your questions and look after you well. Jo is most certainly one of our super-stars and I am gla dyou enjoyed your time with her.