Hotels.com
Doubletree
eDreams
Agoda.com
5,089 results
All reviews kailyard restaurant nick nairn cookies cocktail bar front facing main building leisure facilities junior suite steam room birthday treat both nights dinner bed and breakfast self service beautiful building short break two night stay waiting staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2021 via mobile

This is without any doubt the filthiest hotel we’ve ever stayed in. The first room we were given was filthy in every aspect, from all surfaces that were chipped, scratched, covered in dust, cobwebs and thick crud and a nice big bug, the bathroom was generally horrible with mould and crud built up everywhere, the carpet had an unbelievable amount of stains and looked like it hadn’t been hoovered in 10 years, fingerprint marks from previous guest on most surfaces, which is just what you want to see with COVID. After an attempted clean with wipes, but finding the sink had no working plug so I couldn’t shave, we complained and changed rooms.
The second room was slightly less dirty than the first, but unfortunately, the window would not close properly and the safe didn’t work. Once again most surfaces were chipped, scratched and generally unclean, also some mould on the bed sheets. Both rooms had a Covid clean seal which is beyond laughable, my god I’d hate to see a room without a COVID sticker. We were told on check in that there was no house keeping and we could request fresh towels etc, this is for COVID safety, then at breakfast you are faced with an open, help yourself buffet with people sharing tongs and breathing over the food, no one was encouraged to use hand sanitiser. This was enough for us and we checked out two days early. One positive was Nick Nairn’s restaurant that was excellent. We have stayed in a few Doubletree Hilton hotels in England and America and thought this was a good standard hotel, how wrong can you be, in a word SHOCKING!!!

Room tip: Book somewhere else
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 729keithl
Reviewed 11 September 2021 via mobile

First time visit to this hotel and very pleasantly surprised by the standard of service in all areas of the hotel. From check in onwards the staff, a large proportion of who were very young, were excellent. Friendly attentive service, without being overbearing and genuinely made to feel welcome and relaxed. Will be back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank alanaileenhastings
Reviewed 9 September 2021

Loved my stay here in such a grand building, true some of the furniture and decor has seen better days but the hotel has a character of its own. The staff were all very well trained polite and helpful. The rooms were very comfortable with huge double beds and equipped with tea coffee kettle hairdryer etc, and cleaned to a high degree. The restaurant offered a good range of dishes and the service was extremely good. The swimming pool was very good too. Only one niggle for my son and his partner, there had a large crowd of men staying and they had ended up drinking very late in one room and were extremely noisy, the staff did try to sort this out But had to keep knocking on their door. This did not cause a problem for us on the other side of the hotel. And to be fair hotels cannot be held responsible ignorant guests. Would definitely stay again

1  Thank lorraineCorby
Stuart Cran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2021

Dear LorraineCorby

Thank you very much for the time and trouble you have taken to write your review for us following your recent stay at our hotel.

I am delighted to receive such positive feedback and I am really pleased you have enjoyed this visit. The team will be glad you found them helpful and I know the housekeeping team in particular will be pleased your room was comfortable and cleaned to a high standard.

It is also great to hear that you would like to stay with us again and I hope that it will not be too long until we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 September 2021 via mobile

The bedrooms in the main building are a little tired but the main areas are nice. The food in The Kailyard restaurant was delicious though, adults and kids all enjoyed our evening meal, and the cocktails in the bar were delicious (highly recommend the Vimto daiquiri and the gold postbox). The warm cookie on arrival was also fab. This wasn’t our first time at the hotel and I’d definitely stay again.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Stuart Cran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2021

Dear louisebL4333MJ

I appreciate the time and trouble you have taken to write your review of your most recent stay with us on this web page.

I am glad to hear that you and your family have enjoyed this visit and appreciate you praising the food that you had in the Kailyard by Nick Nairn restaurant.

The Gold Post Box cocktail is one of my favourites too and I am pleased you enjoyed it.

Thank you once again and we will look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back when the time comes.

Reviewed 6 September 2021

Just returned from an overnight at Dunblane Hydro. A relaxing and enjoyable stay, made so by the wonderful staff. Everyone encountered was professional, happy and customer focused. Enjoyed some delicious cocktails and the meal in The Kailyard was very good too. The furniture in the room was a little tired but I'm sure this will be addressed in the future. Would return.

1  Thank 68Blue
Stuart Cran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

Dear stephen l

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased you had a relaxing and enjoyable time here and that the team looked after you well. I would like to thank you for praising the food that you had in the Kailyard by Nick Nairn restaurant and will ensure these kind comments are shared with the Executive Chef and his team.

It is good to hear you would like to return in the future and I hope it is not too long until we have the opportunity to welcome you back.