Hotels.com
Doubletree
Agoda.com
FindHotel
5,052 results
All reviews kailyard restaurant nick nairn cookies cocktail bar front facing separate building main building leisure facilities junior suite steam room both nights relaxing break dinner bed and breakfast self service beautiful building short break waiting staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2021 via mobile

The bedrooms in the main building are a little tired but the main areas are nice. The food in The Kailyard restaurant was delicious though, adults and kids all enjoyed our evening meal, and the cocktails in the bar were delicious (highly recommend the Vimto daiquiri and the gold postbox). The warm cookie on arrival was also fab. This wasn’t our first time at the hotel and I’d definitely stay again.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Stuart Cran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2021

Dear louisebL4333MJ

I appreciate the time and trouble you have taken to write your review of your most recent stay with us on this web page.

I am glad to hear that you and your family have enjoyed this visit and appreciate you praising the food that you had in the Kailyard by Nick Nairn restaurant.

The Gold Post Box cocktail is one of my favourites too and I am pleased you enjoyed it.

Thank you once again and we will look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back when the time comes.

Reviewed 6 September 2021

Just returned from an overnight at Dunblane Hydro. A relaxing and enjoyable stay, made so by the wonderful staff. Everyone encountered was professional, happy and customer focused. Enjoyed some delicious cocktails and the meal in The Kailyard was very good too. The furniture in the room was a little tired but I'm sure this will be addressed in the future. Would return.

1  Thank stephen l
Stuart Cran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

Dear stephen l

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased you had a relaxing and enjoyable time here and that the team looked after you well. I would like to thank you for praising the food that you had in the Kailyard by Nick Nairn restaurant and will ensure these kind comments are shared with the Executive Chef and his team.

It is good to hear you would like to return in the future and I hope it is not too long until we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 6 September 2021 via mobile

If you like large, crowded & busy hotels then the Dunblane Hydro will meet your requirements. If not go elsewhere. It resembles an airport transit hotel rather than a holiday experience in a relatively quiet part of Scotland. Whilst the bedroom was clean & comfortable the view from the window overlooking the waste disposal area was unattractive. Dinner was extremely disappointing. Maybe my choice was unfortunate but the supreme chicken consisted of reconstituted chicken breasts on a thin bed of kale & the chocolate orange mousse was gelatinous & synthetic.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Stuart Cran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2021

Dear morrisvibes

Thank you for sharing your review on this web page.

I am really sorry to read that you have not enjoyed your time spent with us and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any disappointment that has been caused.

We will take your feedback on board and will use this going forward to improve the service we are providing for our guests.

Reviewed 6 September 2021

Just back from 2 nights dinner, bed and breakfast stay for Mum & Dad's Golden Wedding. Hotel very comfortable, lots of space and rooms nice and quiet. Michaela in the restaurant made our stay so special. Her service and attitude were both amazing, she really looked after us. She is a real gem and a credit to the hotel.
Food was good, although the selections were slighty limited for meals. Hotel could do with a freshen up. Stuart lounge - poor cleanliness during the day and too dark in the evenings - could hardly see each other.
We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend.

Dear erasurette2021

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us for your parents Golden Wedding.

I was really pleased to read that Michaela helped make your stay more special. Michaela is definitely an asset to the hotel and we are really pleased she looked after you well. I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with her.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding the Stuart Lounge which I will address.

Your recommendation is also very much appreciated and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 September 2021

It was an okay stay, and I might even stay here again. The restaurant food was very good (though the starters arrived seconds after being ordered, which plays rings alarm bells) and the staff were friendly and attentive. The rooms vary . . . I was staying with friends and after one of them complained that they had to sit on the loo with their knees jammed against the vanity cupboard one side and the bath the other, with no room for manoeuvre, we all compared accommodation. This person indeed had a minuscule bathroom, but mine was spacious - and I had paid less! The rooms all look tired, with stained splash guards around the shower, rickety curtains, and lampshades coming apart at the seams. Hilton probably turn a decent profit, and they should plough some of it back into a refurb.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Mr_Shirai

Thank you for sharing your experience with us following your recent stay at our hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed the food that you had along with the service that was provided for you by the team.

Due to the age of the building the rooms do all differ in shape and size, including the bathrooms. I note you will possibly stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to request a larger room/bathroom the next time you stay and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Stuart