Lowest prices for your stay
US$104
Hotels.comUS$104
Agoda.comUS$104
ZenHotels.comUS$131
5,068 results
All reviews kailyard restaurant nick nairn cookies cocktail bar front facing main building leisure facilities junior suite steam room both nights dinner bed and breakfast self service beautiful building short break two night stay waiting staff old building
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2021

Just back from 2 nights dinner, bed and breakfast stay for Mum & Dad's Golden Wedding. Hotel very comfortable, lots of space and rooms nice and quiet. Michaela in the restaurant made our stay so special. Her service and attitude were both amazing, she really looked after us. She is a real gem and a credit to the hotel.
Food was good, although the selections were slighty limited for meals. Hotel could do with a freshen up. Stuart lounge - poor cleanliness during the day and too dark in the evenings - could hardly see each other.
We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend.

Date of stay: September 2021
Stuart Cran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2021

Dear erasurette2021

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us for your parents Golden Wedding.

I was really pleased to read that Michaela helped make your stay more special. Michaela is definitely an asset to the hotel and we are really pleased she looked after you well. I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with her.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding the Stuart Lounge which I will address.

Your recommendation is also very much appreciated and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 September 2021

It was an okay stay, and I might even stay here again. The restaurant food was very good (though the starters arrived seconds after being ordered, which plays rings alarm bells) and the staff were friendly and attentive. The rooms vary . . . I was staying with friends and after one of them complained that they had to sit on the loo with their knees jammed against the vanity cupboard one side and the bath the other, with no room for manoeuvre, we all compared accommodation. This person indeed had a minuscule bathroom, but mine was spacious - and I had paid less! The rooms all look tired, with stained splash guards around the shower, rickety curtains, and lampshades coming apart at the seams. Hilton probably turn a decent profit, and they should plough some of it back into a refurb.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Mr_Shirai

Thank you for sharing your experience with us following your recent stay at our hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed the food that you had along with the service that was provided for you by the team.

Due to the age of the building the rooms do all differ in shape and size, including the bathrooms. I note you will possibly stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to request a larger room/bathroom the next time you stay and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Stuart

Reviewed 2 September 2021 via mobile

An older hotel but very grand in appearance. The best thing about the hotel are the staff. Always helpful and always polite. Food is excellent and the price is very good with a good choice. My wife had to have gluten free and the choice and advice was always there.
Weekends are wedding days and the bars are full and you’re never away from the sound of bagpipes! Our room was at the top of the building and was a bit hot as the window only opened a few inches. Storage space was a bit limited but the new bathroom was excellent. We’ll go back ASAP.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Trip322717

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel.

I am grateful that you have awarded us five stars and really appreciate you praising the service from the team. It does make such a difference when a guest enjoys the service they have provided therefore I will take great pleasure in sharing your kind comments with them.

I am also pleased you enjoyed your meals and that you were provided with a good choice of food, including gluten free options.

I note you plan on returning at some point in the future and hope it will not be too long until we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 August 2021

Stupidly thought that based on a weighting of good reviews and the fact it had a fancy name that there was a decent aspiring chef here. The website and the photos all depict the restaurant as a fancy 5star up market place. It isnt. It is just a bog standard Hilton hotel restaurant. Mass dining, hotel produced food. As soon as the starters arrived far too quickly i knew it wasnt going to be great. Very large dining area, no dress code, so some assuming its a fancy place and making the effort (like us) - sat next too shorts and Tshirts, rough looking families and everyone left a little awkward. Great lcoation, just needs to split the restaurants into other available room space and have a mass diner and a classy restaurant.

Date of stay: August 2021
Stuart Cran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2021

Dear SeeItBeforeYouDie

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Kailyard by Nick Nairn restaurant following your recent stay at our hotel.

I am really disappointed to learn you did not have an enjoyable dining experience and I apologise for letting you down. The food and the service that we provide has been a source of many compliments and I am sorry this was not the case on this occasion.

Reviewed 29 August 2021 via mobile

Very impressive hotel from the outside. I got a parking space by the door.
The young girl on reception was very helpful and professional and check in was easy.
It's a bit of a struggle with the one small lift when you have a lot of luggage plus corridors are very narrow but this is the price you pay for a historic building.
I was pleased enough with my room but have had better. The top of the window was broken and wouldn't close and there was some kind of generator buzzing constantly outside (luckily I'm not bothered by 'white noise' but it might bother others)
The shower had a mind of its own when it came to the temperature, but again, I was happy enough.
It's a real struggle getting any towels in this place as reception are too busy to answer the phone so I helped myself from the laundry cupboard.
I had some loveky cocktails, champagne and bar food, which was excellent.
Breakfast was superb: however the Kailyard was a disappointment. My main course was cold (it had been sitting under a hot plate and I could tell because the sauce had congealed and had a skin on it), also the portion sizes were on the small side. It wasn't overly expensive but I wasn't impressed.
The hotel was heaving and whilst reception couldn't cope, serving staff managed admirably.
I had a enjoyable enough stay but I wouldn't rush back.
I moved on to the DoubleTree Westerwood afterwards and I found the bedroom and bathroom much bigger, staff were less snooty and the food was better.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Forrester42

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane.

Your observations are appreciated as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and monitor if we are meeting guests expectations and we are sorry for the areas we let you down in.

It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our cocktails, breakfast and bar food was good and we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.