3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$104
ExpediaUS$104
Trip.comUS$104
ZenHotels.comUS$131
5,068 results
All reviews kailyard restaurant nick nairn cookies cocktail bar front facing main building leisure facilities junior suite steam room both nights dinner bed and breakfast self service beautiful building short break two night stay waiting staff old building
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2021 via mobile

An older hotel but very grand in appearance. The best thing about the hotel are the staff. Always helpful and always polite. Food is excellent and the price is very good with a good choice. My wife had to have gluten free and the choice and advice was always there.
Weekends are wedding days and the bars are full and you’re never away from the sound of bagpipes! Our room was at the top of the building and was a bit hot as the window only opened a few inches. Storage space was a bit limited but the new bathroom was excellent. We’ll go back ASAP.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stuart Cran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2021

Dear Trip322717

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel.

I am grateful that you have awarded us five stars and really appreciate you praising the service from the team. It does make such a difference when a guest enjoys the service they have provided therefore I will take great pleasure in sharing your kind comments with them.

I am also pleased you enjoyed your meals and that you were provided with a good choice of food, including gluten free options.

I note you plan on returning at some point in the future and hope it will not be too long until we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 August 2021

Stupidly thought that based on a weighting of good reviews and the fact it had a fancy name that there was a decent aspiring chef here. The website and the photos all depict the restaurant as a fancy 5star up market place. It isnt. It is just a bog standard Hilton hotel restaurant. Mass dining, hotel produced food. As soon as the starters arrived far too quickly i knew it wasnt going to be great. Very large dining area, no dress code, so some assuming its a fancy place and making the effort (like us) - sat next too shorts and Tshirts, rough looking families and everyone left a little awkward. Great lcoation, just needs to split the restaurants into other available room space and have a mass diner and a classy restaurant.

Date of stay: August 2021
Stuart Cran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2021

Dear SeeItBeforeYouDie

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Kailyard by Nick Nairn restaurant following your recent stay at our hotel.

I am really disappointed to learn you did not have an enjoyable dining experience and I apologise for letting you down. The food and the service that we provide has been a source of many compliments and I am sorry this was not the case on this occasion.

Reviewed 29 August 2021 via mobile

Very impressive hotel from the outside. I got a parking space by the door.
The young girl on reception was very helpful and professional and check in was easy.
It's a bit of a struggle with the one small lift when you have a lot of luggage plus corridors are very narrow but this is the price you pay for a historic building.
I was pleased enough with my room but have had better. The top of the window was broken and wouldn't close and there was some kind of generator buzzing constantly outside (luckily I'm not bothered by 'white noise' but it might bother others)
The shower had a mind of its own when it came to the temperature, but again, I was happy enough.
It's a real struggle getting any towels in this place as reception are too busy to answer the phone so I helped myself from the laundry cupboard.
I had some loveky cocktails, champagne and bar food, which was excellent.
Breakfast was superb: however the Kailyard was a disappointment. My main course was cold (it had been sitting under a hot plate and I could tell because the sauce had congealed and had a skin on it), also the portion sizes were on the small side. It wasn't overly expensive but I wasn't impressed.
The hotel was heaving and whilst reception couldn't cope, serving staff managed admirably.
I had a enjoyable enough stay but I wouldn't rush back.
I moved on to the DoubleTree Westerwood afterwards and I found the bedroom and bathroom much bigger, staff were less snooty and the food was better.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Forrester42

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane.

Your observations are appreciated as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and monitor if we are meeting guests expectations and we are sorry for the areas we let you down in.

It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our cocktails, breakfast and bar food was good and we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2021

I’m m writing this review on site as we are here on day 2 of a 5 night stay.

As you turn into The Hydro it takes your breath away. The photos don’t do it justice from the outside. Sadly, it’s then a bit of a let down as the majestic stairs up-to reception need a really good wash! I know there is traffic but 1st impressions last.

The reception staff are very welcoming and helpful on check in. But queues build up fast and it’s a lot on one receptionist.

However, aside from the fact that my husband is a diamond card member, just as an guest on holiday the room was hugely disappointing with some unacceptable issues. Basic 101 of hotels is the room, comfort and cleanliness. I won’t go into our specifics as our issues have been resolved. So it wouldn’t be fair on the hotel staff.

We can see that the hotel is super busy without enough staff to manage everything.

However, on explaining our issues they were sincerely apologetic and have worked to make things right. I seriously cannot fault them there. Wonderfully handled, especially as you can see they are struggling with a full hotel as well as weddings. No small feat!

The F and B manager from this morning , Karyn , Vivian and Sophie (front desk/ manager) have been truly truly kind. They have made the best of a bad situation and been fabulous. I know it can’t be easy to please everyone, we all have expectations. There are certain things that are out of people’s control and we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes.

All I know is ,thus far, our issues have been dealt with in a professional and hospitable manner that makes all the difference and I appreciate that so much. Listening, understanding, kindness and manners maybe seem as old fashioned but they don’t cost a penny!

So, the front desk staff and management I came across are 11/10,
room; beds as Hilton is know for, comfy and perfectly made, the rest of the room :No Comment,
breakfast 8/10..slow to replace items, this is when quiet.
Outside grounds 11/10 just breathtakingly stunning,
living well facility ; 8/10..Sauna not so great, steam room fantastic.

I know this is a long review but it’s an honest on-site live review.We would definitely recommend coming here and would come again ( just not this room!)

Thank you for seeing things right and making our stay memorable for all the right reasons.

Mrs Ash

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Zulekha R

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write your review while you were still at our hotel recently.

I am really pleased to learn that despite the issues you highlighted to us you have enjoyed your short break. I am also delighted that the team provided you with an excellent service and were able to assist you in order to make your stay more comfortable.

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to talk to me today and hope it will not be too long until we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 August 2021

My wife and I visited for an overnight stay booked as a present for her. I had read some reviews and was somewhat concerned, although the general feeling was this is a great place. Arrived and welcomed at reception, all explained and went to our lovely room. It was in a wing but still had a nice aspect with a comfy, stylish and modern feel about it. We then went swimming at our allocated time(we had booked ahead), again hassle free and nice. Next it was cocktails on the terrace on a beautiful afternoon, all good and service good. Prices were generally good except 330ml cans of juice at £3.50 each, that's a rip off(we bought a 4 pack, refrigerated from a motorway service area for £3). We then had dinner which a fantastic experience, food excellent, service excellent and really enjoyed by both of us. Loved the simple and transparent pricing, i.e 1 course X, 2 courses Y and 3 courses Z. This allows so much freedom without the price tag worry. I asked for a small change of veg, no problem - done. Breakfast the next day was very good, except my grumble was a "bland" link sausage, a shame really as all other meats were amazing. Despite my 2 very small grumbles, we loved this place and will be back. Thoroughly recommended. I also need to tell you that the large wedding going on in the hotel that day, did NOT take over everywhere, unlike some hotels who often then treat others guests as a nuisance. Well done Hilton.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank TGG84

Dear TGG84

I was delighted to read your five star review on this web page and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write it.

It is always a pleasure for us to learn that a guest has enjoyed their stay and we really appreciate you praising the service, food, room allocated to you and our pricing.

I am also pleased to read that you plan on returning and we will certainly look forward to welcoming you back when the time comes.