Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia
US$158
View deal
Doubletree
Agoda.com
FindHotel
4,991 results
All reviews kailyard restaurant nick nairn cookies cocktail bar front facing separate building main building leisure facilities junior suite steam room both nights relaxing break dinner bed and breakfast self service beautiful building short break waiting staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 June 2021 via mobile

First let me mention I have been a Hilton Honors member for many years. I stayed at the Doubletree a week before this stay in the Stirling Wing in, what I have to say was an extremely tired and dilapidated room with a cracked sink. . I returned this week and booked into a King Superior Suite and although better than the previous room still left a lot to be desired. My wife had to clean the rooms when we arrived. It seems that once a guest leaves the room is cleaned and their seal put on and left till a new guest arrives, which could be a while, so dust etc gathers. Under their current policy once you enter the room staff are not allowed entry and you have to make the beds clean up the bathroom and shower unless you like living in a dirty room! They are using the ‘COVID excuse’ which is surprising as we stayed at several high class establishments on this trip and all had daily room maintenance and high cleanliness standards. I feel Hilton are using this excuse to save on costs but still charging full rates.

I did raise this complaint with management whilst at the hotel and to be fair they agreed to reduce my bill. However I would like to think that they would revisit their current policy on room maintenance, which I hope is not a Hilton wide practice.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stuart Cran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2021

Dear catmum67

Thank you for the time you have taken to share your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro hotel and for the feedback you have provided on the condition of the first room that you stayed in.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment that this has caused and be assured that our Maintenance Manager has been informed in order for him to review. In the meantime, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We can appreciate that due to the current Covid situation we have had to amend the way in which we service our guest rooms which can cause some frustration for our guests.

The Hilton Clean Stay Policy has been devised to ensure the safety of both our guests and our team members. Whilst we do not enter any guest bedroom during their stay the team are more than happy to replenish any towels, tea and coffee, toilet rolls etc if required.

Should a guest require full information on the Hilton Clean Stay Policy prior to arrival, details can be found on our web page.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 14 June 2021 via mobile

Without a doubt the grubbiest, grimiest hovel it’s ever been our misfortune to stay in. Unless you like soiled furniture and curtains curtains and fixtures and fittings that don’t took to have been cleaned since the day they were installed — this is the dump for you.

Hideously over priced joke of a hotel — three complaints about the filthy state / smell of stale urine (human or dog? Hard to tell) in our £218 a night room went unheard and Duty Manager couldn’t have cared less, pretending he didn’t see the stained seating, smeared with who knows what in all the public areas.

The hotel was shut for 6 months during the 1st CoViD outbreak. This hotel chose to do nothing by way of upkeep or deep cleaning. Evidently vacuum cleaners are rarer than hens teeth in Hilton world as the room and public areas carpets are filthy too.

They boast about Clean Stay trying to reassure you they’re CoViD safe. The room we were allocated first I wouldn’t have let our dog sleep in.

As a result of the filthy state of the hotel and unresponsive management I closing my Gold Elite HHonors membership — Hilton don’t deserve anyone’s business unless and until they pull their finger out and learn how to clean.

It’s not hard. I nipped out to M&S down the road, bought some bathroom cleaner and scouring pads and soon had the filthy sink and bath looking a little less gross.

Guests cleaning their own rooms. It’ll catch on with penny pinching brands like Hilton.

Dunblane itself is beautiful but is let down by this mess of a hotel…

Avoid. There are way better choices.

1  Thank Connector60790031151
Stuart Cran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2021

Dear Connector60790031151

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro.

I am sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations on this visit and I apologise for this.

I am however satisfied with the way the team handled your complaints while you were here and do hope, that despite this, you enjoyed the rest of your seven night stay.

Thank you once again for your feedback which we will use going forward to improve the service we are providing for our guests.

Reviewed 14 June 2021 via mobile

My husband and I booked a weekend stay at Dunblane Hydro for our twentieth wedding anniversary. We booked a junior suite for this special occasion and requested an accessible room as I am a wheelchair user.
The night before we went we selected the room we wanted which was at the front of the building and had a great view.
The day of our trip we received a phone call from the hotel saying the room we selected (which was one of three shown as our available options on the reservation) was not an accessible room but they had an accessible junior suite on the ground floor. My husband accepted the change because I do need an accessible room.
We arrived on Friday afternoon and checked in. The staff were very polite and helpful but the junior suite was absolutely awful and certainly not an accessible room. The only aid they had in the entire room was one handrail in the bath. The bath was definitely not accessible and was very high and my husband had to help me get in and out. The bed was not accessible either and was very high and again my husband had to help me in and out which as you can imagine was not ideal especially during the night when I needed to use the toilet.
In addition to this we were at the very end of the hotel and instead of a beautiful view we had the car park on two sides of us with cars parked almost right outside our windows and people walking passed looking in. There was no mini fridge in the room, the bare minimum tea and coffee facilities and absolutely no hotel information that you normally find in your room. Whilst I appreciate things have changed due to covid a sheet of paper with some information would have helped.
We did not complain as we believed this was the accessible room that was available.
I have to say we paid a lot of money for this stay and the room we were given was certainly not worth the money. It felt like we were just stuck in the furthest away junior suite in the hotel. I’m going to a premier inn in Stirling next week where I have stayed on several occasions which is a fraction of the cost of the room in Dunblane but vastly superior in quality and definitely accessibility.
As I said all the staff were lovely but I just feel so let down by the hotel. We chose to have our anniversary stay in Dunblane hydro as it was the first place my husband took me for a short break when we started dating and we have friends in the area we hadn’t seen for a long time due to the lockdown. I am extremely disappointed and feel we wasted so much money on this hotel and I’m afraid our memories of our twentieth wedding anniversary won’t be remembered fondly.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank leighmcilreavy
Stuart Cran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Dear leighmcilreavy

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent visit to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro hotel.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment, especially as this was for a special occasion, and I would like to apologise sincerely for this.

Our receptionist noticed that you had checked in on line to a Junior Suite and had noted you would like an accessible room. As the room you had selected had stairs leading up to it she contacted you to advise you of this and it was agreed that a room on the ground floor would have been easier for you. Having spoken to you the team member assumed the room you required was to give you easy access and not that you required a fully accessible room. We can therefore appreciate the inconvenience that was caused as the room that was allocated to you was not fully accessible.

I would like to also assure you that had you brought this to our attention at the time every effort would have been made to source you an alternative room to make your stay more comfortable. We do encourage our guests to inform us if something is not right in order for us to have the opportunity to fix it while they are here and to ensure a more comfortable stay.

Should you stay with us again, please do not hesitate to advise us at the time of booking that you require a fully accessible room as we have limited availability of this room type. Please also note, that unfortunately our Junior Suites are not accessible.

Once again, please accept our apologies and I do hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again at some point in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2021 via mobile

We have stayed here numerous times so when we received a voucher to use for our 30th anniversary we decided to book an extra night. The hotel is badly in need of refurbishing the bedrooms. Although clean the furniture is chipped and marked the toilet door is all water damaged at the bottom not really things you expect at an up market hotel. The corridor carpets leading up the the room where very dirty. The staff all are excellent and tried their best but there was just not enough of them for the amount of people staying especially when it was table service and although they tried their best they could just not keep up with the volume of work. On checkout there was a single girl who had to deal with numerous complaints. This hotel was closed over lockdown and this would have been an opportunity for Hilton to upgrade it. Also not sure why pending charges are automatically added to your card even though you have not used anything this doesn’t happen at other hotels so think Hilton need to rethink this not really acceptable.

Dear Trip22458442306

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post your on-line review following your recent stay with us.

We are disappointed to learn that there were some parts of your stay that let down the overall experience and for that we sincerely apologise.

We do take all our guests comments extremely seriously, as this helps us to understand where improvements can be made and we will use this to improve the service we deliver to our guests.

I am grateful for your taking the time to share your observations and hope that we may welcome you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2021

Got an amazing special dinner, bed and breakfast deal for a twin room. Room was fine but dinner and breakfast were wonderful! Staff were very helpful and friendly - couldn't do enough for us. Swimming pool was fabulous.
Best hotel I've ever stayed in! We paid far more the next night at another hotel which was very disappointing in comparison! Definitely hope to return to the Hydro!

Date of stay: June 2021

Dear 311annet555

Thank you very much for your glowing 5 star review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro.

We were delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed this visit and appreciate you praising the food that you had in the Kailyard by Nick Nairn restaurant and the service provided for you by the team. I am also pleased you had time to use the facilities in the health club too.

It is great to learn that you plan to return to the hotel in the future and I hope it will not be too long until we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.