“Fab place ”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Took the Mother for a treat. Very clean, very friendly staff and very nice food ! Best seats are at the window where you could just sit there all night watching the beach.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is my favourite indians in Sunderland & we’ve been going since it opened. The staff are very polite & helpful and the dishes are the best I’ve had, however the only let down was when we visited 2 weeks ago and we get frozen chips. You pay a lot of money for good fresh food only to get frozen chips. Hope this was a one off

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stylish whilst retaining "curry house" atmosphere. Service excellent, prices very reasonable for what is quality food. The menu is varied and has a choice of less well known dishes whilst still offering the more traditional fare. Would recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to try here as I’d heard good things. When we arrived the restaurant was quiet but it soon filled up, we were lucky to have a table by the window so could see the lovely views outside.

Initially we were asked if we wanted poppadoms and pickles while we waited, standard procedure, we said no pickle tray and the waiter rolled his eyes - rude! The starters arrived shortly after and were lovely, very tasty (garlic mushroom on puri). Our mains were okay, average and nothing special (bhuna chicken/chicken tikka masala - it costs extra if you say the word tikka because they use different chicken apparently).

Although the majority of our meals were from the Happy Hour menu, I noticed the steep prices of things that weren’t on that menu. The tiny portion of chips was served in a small silver basket, either an extra charge to ‘upgrade’ to chips from rice on the happy hour menu or £3.95 for a small portion which is scandalous. Then I ordered an ice cream for my daughter (also worth noting we hadn’t been offered a children’s menu at all so all the small portions of everything had to be split between myself and a child) 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream with a wafer for £4.95! The prices are too high for basic things. I suppose they have to make money back elsewhere to compensate their popular specials menu.

The staff were okay but it wouldn’t hurt them to smile once in a while. I wouldn’t rush back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I had chicken bhuna and chicken rogan respectively. What we had was good but there was a distinct shortage of chicken. The meal was bulked out with peppers & tomatoes. This was not the happy hour menu, where you would expect to get a bit less. I agree with the review that said the restaurant is a bit cramped now. Since we were there last, they seemed to have added a few more tables.