I whole heartedly recommend Sjoa Kajakksenter! Absolute great experience!
I'll try to differentiate my review between objective and personal experience. To give you the best way to decide if Sjoa Kajakksenter is for you!
- Experienced instructor (28+ years experience in multiple countries)
- Great kayaking gear e.g. kayak, wetsuit, semi-dry suit, protective gear, shoes
- Personal attention from instructor- small groups which allows for much feedback
- Care for security and well-prepared on the river. Instructor made sure we were ready before heading out on the rivers.
* I did a two-day course with Anett
I've had extremely bad river kayaking experience when I was a kid hence not particularly excited to do it but wanted to crush my fears and join friends. From the first phone conversation it was clear that Anett, our instructor, was enthusiastic!
Throughout the whole experience she kept her energy but also knew when to dial it down to give a more relaxed atmosphere. I particularly struggled practicing tipping over and getting out of the kayak by yourself or with help of T-rescue. Anett saw this and gave me the encouragement plus personal attention to deal with this. Extremely professional. Also provided the right tips and listened to my concerns to ensure it ended not painfully but joyfully! I even tipped over for real and her lessons made sure I did not panic but performed the T-rescue with ease and safety!
Having said that, she was not afraid to throw you in the deep-end to give you some good action experience! Her own passion and enthusiasm clearly shows through and makes the whole experience extremely enjoyable!! 10/10 would recommend!