“Lovely restaurant”
Review of Restaurant Irini

Restaurant Irini
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Mandraki
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Description: Traditional Greek Food, homemade, fresh, served daily, 7 days a week. We serve traditional Greek food for all tastes. Either you are into meat, seafood, salads or simply meze dishes, this is the place to be. Quite, green, peaceful, we do our best for you to enjoy dining with us.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Dined here four times during our stay. The food where very good, in an lovely atmosphere, and Irini is the best host you can get. Well worth a vist.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped by for a late dinner. We ordered lamb in tomato sauce, very tender and tasty. Good portions and reasonably priced

Reviewed 5 June 2018

It was on my day of arrival from Tilos, when I walked from the nearby hotel, where I was staying, towards the 'Plateia tis Ilikiomenis' (Square of the old Lady), looked upon as the center of Mandraki. It is quite a lovely place with a big fig tree in the middle, but completely taken over by restaurants and cafés, who have put their tables and chairs everywhere.

Here also stop for lunch most of the groups on their daytrip from Kos. In a loud voice the tour guides recommend either this or that restaurant, depending from which one they are getting a commission. I was grabbed by a friendly lady called 'Irini', owner and manager of the restaurant 'Irini', which consists of two parts, since in the middle and around the big tree is the restaurant 'Vegos'.

Although I knew that there was a big chance of it being not so good, I went for 'Shrimps Tagliatelle', as was written in their 9 languages menu card (Greek, English, German, French, Italian, Russian, Czech, Polish, Turkish), because it was just what I felt like eating. Irini, who acted as the waitress all the time, later came back to say that the 'Tagliatelle' would take quite some time, but that she had some spaghettis, which were ready. I consented.

The frozen shrimps (I didn't expect anything else) were pretty awful, looking more brown than white inside, and the spaghetti with all kind of vegetables looked too much like something from another meal,. It just didn't match.

When at the end I asked for an espresso, since I saw that next to the restaurant is also a café attached, Irini told me that the coffee machine had broken down, but that she could bring me a Greek coffee. I didn't mind, and the coffee was good. Later Irini took me inside to show me the various diplomas and recognitions the restaurant had received from various organisations and which were hanging now in frames on walls of the interior.

Whenever I crossed the square in the week to come, Irini, always with a keen eye on every passerby, greeted me friendly by my name, making it a bit difficult for me to go somewhere elso for dinner, but I wanted to get to know other places as well.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We came here and had a fabulous lunch.
Freshly cooked stuffed vegetables. Very healthy. Wonderful staff.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We stayed in Nisyros for 2 weeks and ate here most nights. The food is very good and the service is excellent.