“Chateaubriand heaven”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Great mid week offers. Just turned up and got a table. Like the pager concept where they call you when the table has been set so you never worry that you've been forgotten. The steak was amazing and we f you think it’s pricey ( you may not ) it’s enough for two any worth the extra few quid

General Manager A, Manager at Miller and Carter Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Hi Juliejames496, thank you so much for your positive comments about Miller & Carter Solihull!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,334)

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Stunned by how well presented and cooked the food was especially for the price. We had two steaks medium-rare which were superb. The sauces alone that came with them(beef dripping for me and peppercorn for my partner) were better than some steaks I've eaten! The service from Rose tied it all together with great knowledge of the food and a great sense of humour. Definitely would recommend to anyone.

Jackalexwil, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Miller & Carter Solihull!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The waitress initially took our food and drink order very quickly, however we then waited about 45 minutes for our meals and I could see the glass of wine I had ordered sitting on the bar for about 15 minutes. I eventually went up to the bar and asked if the wine was for our table, which it was, and I asked could I just take it as I had been waiting for a long time. The meals eventually cane, my barbecue glazed chicken was burnt on top but as I hadn’t eaten since breakfast I couldn’t be bothered to send it back and wait for another age to get it back. I therefore cut the burnt bits off and ate it. The chips were lukewarm and the portion of coleslaw on the side was tiny. My husband’s burger was average, again with burnt bacon on the top but he was too hungry to bother sending it back. My father in law’s fish and chips were ok. Overall poor, slow service, burnt food, had to fetch my own drink from the bar, not great. We won’t be back.

1  Thank ar251

Here at Miller & Carter Solihull, we strive for excellence, and are disappointed to hear that you received anything less.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Miller & Carter isn’t bad but it isn’t great... it is what it is! For the price you pay what you get is reasonable, which is its big draw, but it does fall short in a few areas.

Firstly the pros:

* It is quite reasonably priced.
* Scallop starter was great. They were a little undercooked (although that is personal preference) but the champagne thermidor sauce is exceptionally good.
* A good wine selection.
* Bernaise sauce was spot on.
* Good service and overall very friendly staff.

Negatives:

* Big one: the fillet steak was quite fatty. For a £6 supplement that was disappointing.
* The lettuce wedge. Okay, this is probably picky, but... what is it? A big chunk of lettuce covered in a sauce. I think they’re missing a big trick in not serving this chargrilled which would be great!
* What should be frites were cooked like thick cut chips, they were way too greasy, which was just a shame.
* The restaurant itself could do with a bit of a tidy up, there are a couple of patches of threadbare carpet, of the blinds was having broken... small details but it shows.

All in all it is okay. As I say... It is what it is!

2  Thank Tom W

We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

A regular here. Lovely food and staff. Never disappointed. Steaks are the best in town. Friendly and professional atmosphere.

Darkfate1, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Miller & Carter Solihull! We hope to see you soon!