“Tasty wine selwction”

London Born Wines
Ranked #16 of 28 things to do in Beamsville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: London Born offers a diverse collection of both red and white wines. We are best know for our Pinot Blanc and our Old Vines Marechal Foch. London Born also has a bistro featuring nose to tail cuisine which is offered from Wednesday to Sunday noon until 5pm. We close on Dec 18, 2017 to the public and will reopen on March 5, 2018. Look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This winery was previously named Aure, so depending what map you are using don't miss it! We arrived as our first stop so we had the tasting room to ourselves. We got to sample a few of their wines and enjoyed them a great deal. They have many cute English touches around as that is where the owners are from. My only downside was that they make their own bacon, and as a vegan it was all I could smell on a Sunday morning. I'm sure that most people would find that as a positive though.

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"tasting"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Visited London Born for a tasting and a bite to eat. Staff were very welcoming, wine was good(many to choose from) and the food was good. Pesto pasta was tasty. This was a nice find as this winery was not known to us prior to this visit.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We stopped here for lunch and a tasting with our wine tour group. Warmly greeted upon arrival, The setting and room is lovely, bright, airy, spacious, tables nicely spaced. We were given several choices before hand from a small menu. Choices a bit safe...steak, chicken breast, that kind of thing. Our lunch arrived promptly; a green salad to start, followed by the main event. I had flank steak, small portion, a bit over cooked and under seasoned. Two small roasted potatoes and an even tinier roasted beet that looked like they'd been kept warm for a few hours. Other mains of chicken breast looked about the same...uninspired. I looked at their menu which featured a few more choices than we had at fairly reasonable prices but I hope those portions are larger. Overall, I wouldn't go back if given the chance. Afterwards, we had a 'blind tasting' with Jeremiah playing host. This was fun and different. There was also a cheese tray which helped to augment our teeny lunch. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the experience and especially enjoyed Jeremiah. Not many wines available and none that we would consider buying. Jeremiah was the saving grace and gets the fourth star all on his own. Otherwise, just average.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

My husband took me to enjoy lunch at Aure wines for our Anniversary. The wines were really great and the food was inventive, beautiful to look at and wonderful to taste. The steak, beets and Brussel sprout combination was fabulous. The chef introduced his food with pride and this was reflected in his dishes. We truly enjoyed our afternoon and the tasting topped off a great lunch. Visit this place!