“Quick stop”
Review of L'Observatoire

L'Observatoire
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: At a 10 minutes walk from the cable's car station and at the very top of Mont Saleve, you will find a welcoming place to quench your thirst and satisfy your belly !Cosily setteld in one of our Sofas or sunbathing on the terrasse, admire the breathtaking panorama.
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Amazing location with stunning views. Good food and cost atmosphere. A little unexpected when driving through the mountain and well placed for dinner or lunch before coming back to the city. A little "touristy" bit that is expected.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank MickW998
Write a reviewReviews (477)

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

The classic tourist trap. Food was awful. We had overdone chips, and a gazpacho that tasted chemically. My son said the chicken wings were okay. The service was friendly enough. Very expensive for what it is.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

I have eaten here before and enjoyed the rustic atmosphere and good, simple food. Today was a catastrophe! We arrived to a full house. We didn’t reserve in advance but were politely seated inside. We were right by the restrooms which had a constant line of people waiting and sharing our dining space. This was in and of itself very uncomfortable. But what was even more unbearable was the absolutely horrible service. We hardly had to wait for our drink order to be taken. I was immediately served my water, but the other people with me were not served at all. When I complained, we were told “have you seen how busy we are” which didn’t help to explain why I was served but not them. Their drinks finally arrived about 15 minutes later. Our food took forever with another waiter also telling us that the delay was due to how busy they were. We couldn’t even catch someone’s attention to pay so we went up to the bar. When we were asked how our lunch was we told them that it was too slow. They replied that we should have reserved in advance because that makes “all the difference”, whatever that is supposed to mean. The food was not as good as it used to be, and I suppose that is also due to “how busy they were”. So my question is why do they accept so many guests if they can’t deliver proper service. I can no longer recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank Genevakerry
BGBSae74, Responsable relations publiques at L'Observatoire, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

I'm sorry Genevakerry but you're not fair,
You insisted to be seated when we told you the terrasse was fully booked and we told you we could seat you inside but you,ll have to be patient and you agreed...

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely place on top of Salève mountain, accessible by foot (25min walk up from cable car) or by car -large car park next to the restaurant. Stunning views on either the Alps or Jura. Two large terraces. The place serves cocktails, simple food with snacks such as cheese and meat platters, lunch dishes (croq monsieur, salads, burgers and fries) and some suggestions (eg cod or chicken). Mains at 15-25€, good value for money. Service was super efficient and friendly even though it was crowded. It is advices to reserve. Greatly recommended to walk up from the cable car or take the time to walk around and observe the stunning views of mountains, Geneva and the lake!!!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank MirandaP792
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

met by the nice regular host. wanted to try as we live not so far away.
ordered salad for starter with fish soup
my boy had cicken n chips
salad was bland. green leaves dressing.
soup wow so poor.
soup really tasted earthy almost unedible
boys chicken n chips ok.
really the soup was worst than supermarket soup. high expectation. huge let down

Date of visit: April 2018