“See the whole place!”
Review of Hole Park Gardens

Hole Park Gardens
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Rolvenden
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were enchanted by the woodland walk as some of the rhododendrons were in full bloom but what fascinated me was the 3 bears carved out of a single tree! They are climbing up to enjoy a bit of honey they intend to steal from the bees nest.....a lovely carving.
The gardens are just coming to life despite the cold weather and the tea room serves great cakes!

All reviews
"private house"
"bird song"
"spectacular gardens"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hole Park is absolutely fabulous! The vista from the front of the house - to the ‘keyhole’ directly in front and Rolvenden Windmill in the background, far left - is breathtaking, the grounds are amazing, the formal elements of the garden absolutely immaculate and the woodlands entrancing. The bluebells were in full glory - a thick carpet, weaving through the trees and wild garlic - and some of the azaleas and rhododendrons already showing their striking colours. Absolutely the best bluebell show I’ve seen, the most glorious grounds and such charming hosts. Definitely now number one on my Gardens list.

EdwardBarham, Owner at Hole Park Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Juvr. What a wonderful review for us. Thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As a small family group, we all had a very enjoyable and relaxing day.
The bluebell woodland walk and gardens were amazing to see and we would certainly say that this is a hidden gem.
We stopped for lunch at the café and found the food and service to be excellent.
If you are looking for a nice day out, then we would definitely recommend.

Thank you very much for your kind review. That is very much appreciated .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited today with my two small children, the younger in pushchair. I was charmed by our visit. The gardens are delightful, varied and interesting. My young son (3) enjoyed his walk amongst the bluebells and rhododendron. While some paths could be difficult to navigate with a pushchair, I found I had no problems with accessibility. At the end we visited the cafe for tea and cake, I was impressed with the quality and value. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

EdwardBarham, Owner at Hole Park Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Fiona. Thank you for your kind review. My wife and I, with head Gardner Quentin Stark and Joy who heads The Coach House with her staff all worked tirelessly to make sure visits are appreciated so it’s so nice to get a good review.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had the most fabulous,tour of the garden with head gardener Quintin. He knew everything and had a fantastic way of sharing his knowledge. The blue bells were extraordinary beautiful, as were the azaleas and rodo's. However, we were very disappointed with the very poor and overpriced catering. We had ordered and paid for,everything in advance but had to wait endlessly in a queue to be told to find a table in the adjoining g marquee. We waisted there for half an hour - I finally asked someone from the catering where our Tapas (@8.50 pp) were....The plates appeared shortly after with a tiniest slither of manchego, a tiny pot with humous, 5 olives and a few slices of salami...and two thin slices of stale bread....which we found very disappointing. I would recommend the garden...but stay clear of the caf!

Dear WDK348. I am glad you enjoyed the gardens and I am sorry about your experience in the cafe. What you perhaps failed to add to your coment is that the end of the tour coincided with a cloud burst, 8mm of rain in 20 minutes. Everyone present, including the tour group, took refuge in the cafe and it was too busy, hence the delay. I am sorry that the staff were overwhelmed. As to whether the food represents fair value, I wish you had come and seen us at the time. No one else has taken this view yet.