“A little off but good”
Review of Box Burger

Box Burger
Ranked #6 of 103 Restaurants in Bray
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I normally rave about this place but was in with some friends last Saturday. Ordered a chicken burger with their home made fries. They weren't great. They were like the bottom of the chip Basket. Bit hard and small. Chicken burger was lovely. One of my friends ordered a drink which took ages to come. I know they were busy on a Sat but a little disappointing. And it was very warm . Needed a little bit of aircon. I don't mean to give out cause I normally love this place,just a little off last Sat.

Management_Bray, Manager at Box Burger, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Hi escudds,

Thank you for taking the time to review Box Burger and for your honest review. We would love to hear more about your experience with us if you would be willing to take a call? If so please contact us at info@boxburger.ie with your details and a time that suits :)

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Popped in here last night with some friends. Was close to closing but they looked after us no problem.

The table had Louisiana Burgers, Mexican Burgers and PB&J Burgers along with Dirty Fries and Mexican Fries.

Burgers were very nice, great choices available suiting to every taste out there. My burger, the louisiana was nice, although the chicken tasted a tad greasy. The 'slaw that was on it though was brilliant. Would definitely order it again.

I wasn't mad on the chips - the toppings were great but the chips themselves all seemed to be the hard, greasy chips with no potato in them, all seemed burnt? Maybe this was because we were the last cover in and we got the dregs of the fry basket?

Saying that, I will eat here again for sure. The atmosphere was tops and the staff were fast and attentive.

Hi GerH1988,

Thank you for taking the time to review Box Burger and for your kind words.

We would love to hear more of your feedback regarding our chips, would you be willing to take a call? If so, please contact us on info@boxburger.ie with your details and a time that suits.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Yesterday, after a failed plan of the cliff walk on a sunny day turned into an overcast and drizzly hunt for shelter and some grub, we found ourselves in Box Burger. We were greeted by a young man who told us ‘someone will be with you guys in a minute’. Five minutes past, and we were stressfully rushed to the kitchen counter by another young girl who seemed to be in charge. My wife not so happy at this point and I also wasn’t too keen on the high stools but my stomach was making the choices and I needed food ASAP. I asked the girl at the kitchen what she’d recommend, she said that the black box was always a winner but that the special is only going to be on for another short while so to go for that and then she quite confidently said “you’ll wanna come back for the black box sometime I promise”. Our order was taken by another very friendly guy, I took the girls advice and this is when the fun started…… we were sat right beside this same waitress who seemed to be in charge of bringing the food out. I know I shouldn’t but I’m a terrible eavesdropper. The girl and another colleague were bantering back and forth to the kitchen, something I know can be all too rare in the service industry. Taking the piss out of each other while distributing what seemed to be a crazy amount of food. No wonder they’re all little things they were back and forth and back and forth running around the place. Time was passing and I was starting to get a bit impatient something she had noticed, I saw her discreetly ask the chef how long it would be for our food, and then she turned to me and told me that as it was so busy there was a bit more wait time but our food was gonna be up soon. By the time we got our food it had been about half an hour yet felt like days because I was so hungry. It didn’t disappoint though. I got the burger covered in pickles and whiskey ketchup. Absolutely delicious. My wife had a mood change when she bit into her chicken burger which I think had wing sauce and bacon. Only downside about the food was the chips, lots of small crispy bits which wouldn’t be for me, they were also a bit too salty. We demolished the burgers and went on our way. Our quick bite turned into a lengthy visit to this burger joint, can’t complain though we were entertained by the kitchen, the young, hipster staff and the top notch grub. As I sit drooling thinking about it at my work desk writing this I can guarantee I’ll be returning to Bray to try the black box, might skip the chips next time though.

Management_Bray, Manager at Box Burger, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hi tdufff818,

Thank you for taking the time to review Box Burger and we are delighted to hear that for the most part your experience with us was a good one. We would love to talk to you further about the few mishaps during your time with us if you are willing to take a call with management? All feedback is extremely valuable to us and we would love to hear more.

If you are happy to proceed, please email info@boxburger.ie with your contact details and a time that suit you to take the call.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

I've been here many times and more often their pop up shop in eatyard in Portobello, Dublin 8.
The burgers are amazing, Chicken Guacamole, regular, regular with cheese, the box burger.... All great.
I rarely have fries with that, but they're good too. The burgers should be eaten fresh...

Management_Bray, Manager at Box Burger, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Hi Justin L,

What a great review to read on a Monday morning, thank you! We look forward to seeing you at our Eatyard haunt again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We came here on the bank holiday weekend to try for ourselves the food as we heard great reviews about this place. I ordered the Louisiana chicken burger, chips, nachos and onion rings.

The Burger was amazing! However the chips were hard and tasted like they were re-heated. The nachos (small portion) were really awful. They were covered too much in sauce with only a few nachos and a tiny bit of beef.

Onion Rings were very hard and way too greasy. We also waited nearly 30 mins for our bill and the card machine.

Not sure if the fact that it was really busy was the reason for this but I had high hopes for here.

Management_Bray, Manager at Box Burger, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Hi Sean M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Box Burger and we're sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn't up to scratch.

Yes, due to the sunshine we were extremely busy over the weekend - however the quality of our food and our customer experience will always be our outmost priority! We would love to chat to your further if you are willing to take a call? If so, please send us your contact number and a time that suits you to info@boxburger.ie

Thanking you for your valuable feedback.