Lowest prices for your stay
US$80
View deal
Free cancellation until 29/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
ExpediaUS$80
Agoda.com
Trip.com
1,472 results
All reviews loughrea hotel rooftop bar thermal suite lir bar lovely hotel function room food was lovely galway city would highly recommend this hotel last weekend from start to finish both mornings top class family room enjoyable stay following morning wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a night and I can't praise the staff highly enough. From the moment we checked to the moment we checked out every single staff member we met were outstanding. They just could not possibly do anymore for us. Our room was spacious and very comfortable with a beautiful view of the lake and omg the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. We dined in the restaurant in the evening and enjoyed a wonderful 4 course meal. It was exquisite. Hats off to the chef. As I said I can't praise the staff highly enough. Words just don't do them justice. We felt very safe there and attention to detail is fantastic. To the management & staff thank you for making our stay so wonderful and we look forward to staying here again. Highly recommend this hotel and suggest other hotels take a leaf out of Loughrea Hotel & Spa's book. Thanks guys. We'll be back

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Damien Mc Manus, General Manager at Lough Rea Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, it's amazing to see that you enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed yourselves.

I have took note of all comments and will be sure to pass all feedback on to the team.

My staff are simply the best and are working so hard with our busy stay cation season. With extra cleaning measures and covid guidelines they are doing so well.

We have been really busy and it is great to be back and finally having our guests back to enjoy our beautiful hotel.

Thank you for your review and we would love to see you back in our hotel in the future.

For the best rates call directly or by simply going online or by emailing me directly.

Reviewed 16 August 2021

A friend and I partook of a Spa afternoon with dinner bed and breakfast in the Lough Rea hotel recently. I have to say it more than lived up to our expectations from the friendly staff, the excellent therapists, comfortable bed and delicious food. It was a great experience after a rather difficult few months. Thank you to everyone who helped make it happen.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, it's fantastic to see that you enjoyed your stay and all went well.

I am delighted that we lived up to your expectations in relation to food, rooms and staff.

Reviewed 16 August 2021

Amazing experience! My husband and I enjoyed every second there.

Warm welcome, tasty food, spacious and clean room (thank you accommodation team - you are doing an amazing job), good atmosphere, amazing staff.
Breakfast and dinner was delicious and having a cold pint made our evening.

We want to thank all the staff, but especially want to mention Lenel from the Restaurant who was very friendly and kind to us.

As well, big thank you to Damien for going an extra mile for us and making us feel special - because of him, we will for sure be back as soon as possible!

We highly recommend that you visit this great hotel and amazing Team that will make you feel like home.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, it's great to see that you enjoyed your stay.

It was great to see you both and meet again, I will be sure to pass on your feedback to lenel. He will be delighted.

I am glad you enjoyed some of our selection of cold beers on draught.

Our Chefs Gavin, Michael and Ivan will be delighted to hear the feedback out our food.

Reviewed 14 August 2021

We had a lovely stay but we certainly did not stay in a room like the one you are advertising here! Food was lovely and the staff were very pleasant, efficient and helpful. The rooms were very comfortable but very old. They were in a quite part of the hotel which helped. An additional charge of €20 to use the swimming pool etc was a surprise and should have been part of our stay. We have never been charged for using the facilities in any hotel and would not see Covid as having any bearing on this.

Date of stay: August 2021
Damien Mc Manus, General Manager at Lough Rea Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, it's fantastic to see that you enjoyed your experience and all went well.

We do not have a swimming pool in our hotel so I am unsure if you have mixed your hotels up. Maybe the €20.00 is additional for a treatment in our spa area that would not be included in our guests stay.

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

We were pleased to receive a lovely welcome on our recent stay. The two receptionists that I dealt with were fab (I believe, but am prob wrong, that one was called Mary and other was from South Africa). We had our pet with us. We were asked on check out if she had a nice stay - simple question but showed an interest in customers.

The room was clean and tidy with cosy beds.

Ideal getaway and great base for exploring Galway, Clare and Mayo.

We will definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I will be sure to let Mary and Cindy know, Cindy is from South Africa and is one of our super star receptionists. I am so lucky to have Cindy on my team. Mary and Cindy goes above and beyond the call of duty and are always so welcoming and helpful to our guests.