All reviewswool blanketswhite puddingthe location is perfectpancakes with maple syrupfriendly and helpful ownersgave us great adviceone nightsoda breadfull irish breakfastperfect hostsb b'sher husbanda great staybeds were comfortablestreet parkingfabulous breakfastkylemore abbey
Reviewed 19 June 2018

All we could wish for in a one night stop over.
Clean, comfortable and helpful service.
Old fashioned bedding a delightful reminder of comfortable youth.
Breakfast perfect. Worth staying just for the Irish fry up.
Thanks.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2018

We had a cheaper room and it was large and comfortable. The private bathroom was down the hall but was convenient. There was a sink in the bedroom which was very useful. This place is in the heart of the village and easy to walk to entertaining pubs, restaurants and grocery stores. The breakfast had a varied choice and was delicious. The owners are very friendly people and nothing is too much trouble.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Kingstown House was a great start to our family vacation in Ireland! Regina welcomed us to the B&B and told us a little about the area and made some recommendations for dinner. Since it was our first day in Ireland we had under estimated how tired we would be after our 15+ hours of flights and over estimated what we could see and do. When I said something about driving the Sky Drive that evening Regina said that I looked pretty tired and we should save it for the next day. Thankfully we took her advice and saved that drive for the next morning!

The accommodations at the B&B were everything we had read. The family room was clean and comfortable and had the basic amenities we needed for our stay and the B&B was in a perfect location. Breakfast was outstanding. My daughter loved her pancakes and the rest of our family loved the full Irish breakfast. My husband and I have decided that we definitely need a return trip to Ireland and Kingstown House will be on our list of stays.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We stayed here one night and found it alright. It is just off the main street in Clifden so you can walk anywhere in the town, once you are here. The room was large and the breakfast was good. The only drawback was not having their own car park. I got a spot on the street, just in front, when we first arrived. Then we drove Sky Road and after I had to park in the public lot behind the next row of buildings. I was able to pull the car up the next morning to an open spot, right in front of the door. Easier for loading and when we left.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Our least appreciated place during our 2 week stay. The location is good but the place is not very welcoming and the bedding and room are not great. Wool blankets are a downside as all the other place we had appropriate bed comforters which in my opinion is cleaner and wool blankets. The view wasn't great. And the room often smelt of rotten eggs due to plumbing problems. Host seemed unwelcoming. Was a strange experience. Would not return. I was surprised as it had so many good reviews. Happens.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple