“7/10”

Fat Frog Beach Cafe
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Cannonvale
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Funky and friendly, unique and quirky ... the Fat Frog has gained an enviable reputation for amazing coffee (thanks to Campos) and lovingly housemade food while our stunning location at Cannonvale Beach means you'll always find a gorgeous gentle sea breeze that makes for the perfect spot to relax and enjoy the incredible views and laid-back atmosphere.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We went here based on the TA reviews but didn’t find it quite as good as we expected.
It’s a bit “trendy grunge” for us, but good if that’s your thing. For me personally, I’m not keen on staff in singlets displaying their proud crop of arm pit hair while I contemplate my breakfast.
The staff ( maybe owner) who seated us was polite and friendly however.
My wife and I both ordered meals which had poached eggs on sour dough. The eggs were all very over cooked (completely hard yoke) and the bread was well, just bread, not toasted. Putting poached eggs on bread, just makes soggy bread.
Coffee was good and my wife had a chai latte, which she said was excellent.
All in all OK, but I wouldn’t rush back though until they get a better chef.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We walked here from Airlie Beach (about 40 minutes). It was recommended and didn't disappoint. The coffee was great, the food was well presented and delicious. We were there early just after it opened and might be the best time, before it gets too busy!
Staff were cheerful and friendly. A must for breakfast, we came back a second time!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My partner had the fish & chips & said it was very nice. I had the pumpkin frittata which was delicious. Food was so tasty. Would have been a 5 however neither of us enjoyed the coffee

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

The Fat Frog Beach Cafe is a great local find! With fresh, healthy options for breakfast or lunch, it seems popular with visitors and locals alike.

A special mention of your engine requires high octane caffeine to function. They do coffee, and they do it very well.

I helped myself to a steak sandwich, which was huge - and delicious.

I’d definitely come back.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Whenever we have family and friends up to visit we take them to Fat Frog. I think it is the cafe with the best view in Airlie Beach. They do great food with personal favourites being the fritters or green bowl teamed with dairy free green smoothie. It is dog friendly we often walk the boardwalk ending at the cafe for brunch and kid friendly too our kids love it! Especially the tadpole (kids strawberry milkshakes). Staff are always friendly and greet you like you are an old friend. Only wish they were also open after 3pm so could have after school treats as it is only a hop skip n jump from the school