Hotels.com
eDreams
Agoda.com
Trip.com
1,048 results
All reviews ocean bungalow our honeymoon fish infinity pool half board wine cellar marine biologist lagoon side small island the general manager other resorts male airport luxury resort heaven on earth spa treatments special thanks direct access
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2021 via mobile

We had a wonderful holiday for five days - we were two couples with four kids and had an incredible stay at Huvafen.

Here are the positives
- Small island, very easy to move around and not wait for buggies or anything
- Great service. Special shout out to Vicky, our butler
- Incredible house reef. You can just swim out for 50 meters and see sharks, Manta rays and really amazing variety of fish
- Clean and refurbished rooms.
- Brilliant service - every time we left the room, someone would come and clean it. Just very personalised …
- Ocean villa with pool was really spacious. But the beach villas towards the reef were the best … especially if you want to go snorkelling all the time
- We organized a private meal on the beach for our group. Just wonderfully done. Also try one on a sand bank …
- Boat ride from Male … so accessible

Negatives
- Food was good, but not great. Also after five days, you kind of run out of all items to eat. Service is a bit slow so you need to wait for your meals - but hey, you are on a resort and you need to chill
- They charge you $11 dollars for water at the restaurants even if you are on full board. Really irritating and frankly at these prices, Huvafen needs to drop this idea. Really feels like gouging … especially as it is free for breakfast and in the rooms. Not cool.

Overall - just a stunning property ; great service and something we would all love to do many more times. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Feel half board is the way to go ….
Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2021

My husband and I visited the resort for our 10 years wedding anniversary. We had an absolutely wonderful time. Resort had very nice and relaxing atmosphere with the very best staff. We were greeted by our butler Vicky, who always had a smile on his face and was willing to help with anything that was needed. He made our stay absolutely wonderful with his fantastic service. Vicky also takes amazing pictures. The underwater spa is amazing. We had a private beach dinner which was super amazing. we stayed in Oscan villa with pool which was the nicest sun set view from pool. The food is amazing in this resort.

Reviewed 20 October 2021

I stayed at Huvafen Fushi from 6th to 10th October 2021 with my husband on a half board package. We were on our honeymoon and we booked the stay with Dnata Travels (specifically Mohamed Meiliani and Jay Strokov). The island is just 30 minutes by seaboat from Male.

They were kind in helping us book it quite last minute and made sure all our arrangements were top-notch. From the moment we landed till we were dropped back to the airport, everything was incredible. Our 4 nights, 5 days on the island was smooth, peaceful and so memorable.

Noel Cameron, the General Manager, welcomed us upon arrival and we were very impressed with his hospitality. He always had a welcoming smile when we passed him on the island and he also helped us take a picture of ourselves when he happened to catch us struggling to get a nice couples shot :)

Vicky, our Thakaru (butler), was amazing! He was polite, friendly, warm and so efficient with his tasks. He remembered (even though I only mentioned it once) that my father likes to collect coins and he presented it to me on the day we were leaving. He was always on time to pick us for any activities - like literally on the DOT he would be at our door - and we had such a good time talking to him. He truly was a BIG part of our stay being extra special.

Sumeet Kumar, the talented Director of F&B was so welcoming and kind as well. He would always stop by for a chat, to check in on us and make sure we were enjoying ourselves. We had great conversations and left feeling like we made a new friend. He and the whole F&B team took such good care of my food intolerances, ensuring I always got what I wanted. They made gluten-free pancakes, coconut milk lattes and the most DELICIOUS Mango Coconut Panacotta I have had in my life. We left the island feeling so full, with all the yummy food and love that we received. The Virgin Pina Colada at Umbar was the drink of my dreams and no jokes, I crave it everyday! Because we stayed on half-board, we would just eat a heavy breakfast, snack in the middle of the day and order room service if need be, and then eat a lovely dinner or enjoy a unique dining experience (which are package add-ons).

Our stay would not have been special without the following team members. Apologies if I got the spellings wrong and if I've missed anyone. Truly, if I could name all 150+ staff members, I would because that's how amazing their hospitality was.

Anastasiia, at breakfast, looked after us so well and remembered our favorite orders. She anticipated our arrival and would always be there with a big, warm smile and kind words.
Shamil at Umbar was full of stories and smiles.
Didi who took care of us when Vicky was off for a day, was so humble and helpful.
Gattey, the manager of Celsius, was so polite and warm. He took such good care of us every morning and whenever we would bump into him.
Migdad, Muguri, Shamu - all such wonderful people and a true reflection of what amazing hospitality looks like.

We went twice to the spa, and WOW. Its the most beautiful little area on the island, secluded and above the water. I could sit there for hours post my treatment and just soak in the peaceful surroundings.

We went on a dolphin sightseeing cruise with another couple, and we were served canapes and drinks onboard. It was luxe from start to end. We got lucky and saw so many dolphins, and especially at sunset hour. It was magical!

We booked our trip on the special honeymoon package, and as part of that they decorated our room, drew us a romantic bubble bath and set up a beautiful romantic dinner by the poolside. We were in paradise.

Everything about our stay was exceptional. Food, experiences, the people, the room. Every single detail. We left Huvafen Fushi bursting with gratitude, a beautiful tan and a big smile on our faces.

Room tip: Ocean bungalows are perfect because it's secluded, no insects or creepy crawlies, and its so blissful.
1  Thank mariaessajee
Reviewed 10 October 2021 via mobile

the best hosting experience of our lives! maldives is the eighteenth country we know and the Hotel Huvafen was what impressed us the most. So beautiful when the place is the structure and impeccable and kind service from everyone. dreams Island!

Room tip: More days
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2021 via mobile

My favourite hotel in the Maldives!

I actually stayed at this beautiful hotel before covid, and the reasons it’s my favourite is…

We stayed in an ocean bungalow with pool, which you have prime sunset views, privacy & it’s a beautiful water villa with butler & your own pool.

This island had a refurb a few years ago so feel nice and fresh, the service & food it’s amazing. The underwater spa is a WOW & unique for the Maldives.
If you don’t like swimming in the sea the hotel has a great sizes swimming pool if you like to do lengths.

If you like snorkelling this island is also for you as it’s has an amazing house reef, the sharks (vegetarian) sleep under the restaurant in the day, so you can swim under and experience that. Or if your like my husband you can stay on land and watch from the top or the beach and see the Stingrays that come in around 5pm to get fed by the marine biologist.

It’s truly has it all & I’ve been to 12, 5* island now and work within the luxury holiday industry so I know what I’m talking about.

Date of stay: March 2021