Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Laralou1980
Southampton, United Kingdom

Excellent Wedding Venue

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Jul 2014
Nathan and I decided to get married in January 2014, with such a short time framework, we were not sure how we would achieve this. We wanted an intimate venue, a venue not far from home and one with AMAZING food. How lucky we were to stumble across this place - and stumble we did. I visited a few months before the big day and met with the Events Coordinator - Rachael. Wonderful lady! Top quality.
The function room is big enough for 50 people to eat comfortably, the food offered was a choice (not the set menu type) and the room has its own bar and dance floor. So Rachael was able to provide contacts for the resident DJ, Martin Lavender (def recommend him), supported with the food orders and allowed us use of the outside area.
We decorated the room to our choice, purple homemade bunting, sweet jars and a sweet shop. The rest came from the staff - bright white table cloths, napkins, clean and tidy table decorations - all their touches - perfect. They even ordered round tables just because we asked for them. The room was ours from 7am on the day until 11.30pm when the music stopped.
Pimms on arrival (my choice), but beautifully done. And a lovely congratulations sign out the front for all drivers and our guests to see! We were given a complimentary room for the night with bubbles on ice and a beautiful card!
Have to mention the food - my hat comes off the chef. Not an easy job, catering 50 beautiful meals, all cooked to perfection and out on time. The lamb was by far to die for and would recommend to anyone just visiting the place! They included all those fussy eaters, a few kids and even our baby. The buffet in the evening was by far superb and outstanding from anything I have ever tasted - this was food worthy of a meal, not finger food. Beautiful!
Leading on to the service. Chris (Manager), Nick (Assistant Manager) and Rachael, plus the staff team, were AMAZING. Nick was with us the whole day, constantly just checking in with me - just to make sure that I was alright and telling me to eat! I have no idea whether anything went wrong or any mishaps happened because they ensured that I did not need to. I was a princess for a day and they treated me as such. Let alone that I am a complete control freak! They made me feel safe, secure and comfortable - not an easy task on such a big day as you would imagine. Superb service - we received service that I can only liken to 5* hotels.
Every single guest commented on the superb food, service and friendly nature of the staff.
We stayed the night, as you would imagine, we were shattered, having just declared our whole lives to each other!!! Our room was clean, tidy, beautifully decorated and the bed was amazing! It was a pleasure to take off my shoes and crawl into it at 1.30am!
Low and behold, we were greeted by Nick again at breakfast at 9am - it was like he never went home! Smiling and congratulating us! Breakfast was superb, the usual huge cooked breakfast or pastries, both were delicious! We were of course starving!
Some of our guests stayed the night with us and all commented on the lovely ability to crash out at the venue. It really was perfect!

Would I recommend this place to anyone who wants a small (ish) wedding venue - ABSOLUTELY!!! There was nothing that this place would not do for us - if they were able.
In my opinion, this place is an untapped resource for wedding receptions, a secret hidden gem!
Nathan and I are planning on booking and staying for our anniversary!

Our sincere thanks go to Chris, Nick, Rachael and the Team at the Navigator - Love your work guys! x
Date of stay: July 2014
7.9 km from Charming Bedrooms at Harper's Steakhouse Southampton
3.1 km from Charming Bedrooms at Harper's Steakhouse Southampton
Temporarily closed
View more hotels in Lower Swanwick
All reviews birthday meal full english excellent breakfast navigator hairdryer southampton swanwick
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife myself and daughter stayed here as my daughter was viewing Southampton university. we stayed in a family room and it was very well appointed with nice decor and good facilities including fresh coffee. The shower room was large including a double shower. Beds were very cozy and the linen and cleanliness of the room was great. The only problem they had was a bit of old mould that had been painted over but not completely removed in the bathroom because it is constantly wet and the fan was not really big enough to extract the volume of air but it was a small imperfection and did not spoil our stay.

The hotel itself sits across from a huge marina so the outlook is lovely but there is a read between. We went across to dream of owning one of the boats when we win the lottery.

The restaurant and bar attached to the hotel are great, nicely decorated in a nautical theme with drift wood furniture and portals a plenty. The food and drinks here are exceptional and for the quality good value.

Breakfast was continental and included but you could pay a small amount more if you wanted a full cooked breakfast or some specialist cooked food. We had had such a huge meal the night before in the restaurant that we stuck to continental which was of good quality.

For a cost of just a little more than your average brand cheap hotels this was top class and highly recommended.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here while visiting relatives and it was great. I had a single room above the bar area and I was very surprised with how quiet it was. The manager was great as were all the staff. Everything they had said on website was true. Will stay here again

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was a last minute booking due to a rescheduled meeting in Portsmouth. Only downsides I can think of is the busy road at the front of the hotel and the rooms might benefit from air conditioning it was a very warm day. Staff were welcoming and helpful, room clean and comfortable. The food was superb. Hotel is easy to get to and quick access to either Portsmouth or Southampton.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at the Navigator at the last minute and booked it the day before as we fancied a weekend in the New Forest. When we booked, we were told that there was a function there that evening and there'd be a bit of noise until they turned the music off at 11.30pm - we didn't think that was too bad, so we booked - and I'm really pleased we did.
We stayed in room 12A, which was a family room (it appears that there isn't a room 13!!!). It had a double bed and a single for our 9 year old.
It was absolutely spotless, and despite deploying every trick I've seen on '4 in a bed', I couldn't find one speck of dust anywhere in the room.
The beds were really comfy and the room had everything it you could expect (including a cafetiere and fresh coffee).
There was a function on and yes you could hear a little bit of music but it wasn't really loud and when we had the TV on, we couldn't hear it. Bang on 11.30pm, the music went off, exactly as we were told when we booked.
The bar area was really nice and kept clean and the staff were really nice and attentive. If you stay, make sure you have the peanut butter and banoffee dessert - it's to die for and I'd have happily paid for it at any of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants. The full english the next morning was also superb - the chefs there are bang on the money.
If I was going to be really picky (and I mean REALLY picky), the pillows were a bit soft for me, but after saying that I didn't ask if they had harder pillows and the room was a little on the hot side (but it was a warm Summer's evening and night).
We really enjoyed it and we had a great time and I would definitely go back - they did a great job.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Roy P
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We arrived quite late on the day of our stay but had no problem checking in with a very nice young assistant. Room fairly large and a very comfy bed with extra pillows which we used. Toiletries were left out for us as were tea and coffee (but no biscuits:()!!!
There was a function on downstairs and we checked what time the music would be turned off and were assured it would finish at 11.30 pm which it did on the dot as we arrived back from our evening out at the same time.
Lovely breakfast with friendly staff. Will most prob stay again as my husband's family live nearby so is very convenient for us.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple