“Pleasantly Surprised”

The Barge Inn Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A fresh update of a beautiful historic inn, serving pub classics, great local ales and fantastic bag in box ciders, plus canal side garden and modern rooms.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Knew of the mixed reviews but visited on a Monday Night as our first choice was closed.

Had Pub Food 2X Fish and Chips and Ham Egg and Chips.

All were good and verging on very good.

Table opposite us had 3 Pizzas and they looked quite appetzing.

Service was ok, the one person was covering the bar and food area so was only ok as was quite busy, but not the waiters / barmans fault he did his best

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely pub food. Good selection, attractive service. Also a great location. Been there several times and have never been disappointed.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped off here for some dinner on the off chance and thought it was great!
The food was delicious, I had the soup for starter and my husband had the duck, both were good. For main I had the fish and my husband had the chicken salad, again really lovely, fresh food and big portion sizes.
Staff were lovely and the young lad that served us was so polite and helpful, felt very looked after!
Definitely return again soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

The pub was mentioned to us as being a good place to eat so we decided to give it a shot. We sat at a large table in the bar area though they also have a perfectly lovely restaurant area. As it was my husband's birthday he received a free pint which was a lovely gesture. We all chose our dinner and we were not disappointed. The food was hot, well presented and tasty. There was not a spec left on any of the plates. When we were ordering, we noticed that they did breakfast and so we came back. I chose the eggs Benedict and they were divine! None of us were disappointed with the breakfasts. Callum who was at the bar, did a sterling job in the evening and at breakfast - he's a credit to the restaurant. Thanks to all, we would definitely come back again if we were in the area.

2  Thank Patricia D
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We live in Bradford-on-Avon but I’d never have thought of coming here but My wife’s friend booked a table here. From outside it’s beautiful. inside, not so good. Lots of unfinished paint work, ripped seating and not the cleanest of places. The lady behind the bar was quite rude and abrupt. So not a great start.
At first glance of the menu it felt like we should of gone somewhere else very mediocre but then the waiter a very nice young chap he really helped to make our night, handed us the specials menu. All four of us ordered off of it. I had the duck starter, sea bass for the main and the most amazing lime and ginger cheesecake the only problem was there was only one pork panang left and I let my wife have this as it’s her favourite.
I was very shocked by this menu and everything was cooked to perfection.
We will definitely be returning.