All reviewswye valleythistle roomlocal areabreakfast was deliciouslocal walkswelsh cakestintern abbeyon arrivaltea and cakebed and breakfastview of the riverbedroom windowpreservesthe perfect hosta wonderful stayfeel so welcomehot cross buns
Reviewed 13 June 2018

I have never given a rating of 10 for accommodation , but this is very close, a 9.9 in my humble opinion, Our host Nickie was just wonderful, she had thought of everything, so professional and all the little things that really count for an enjoyable stay. The bed was so comfortable and the room was tastefully decorated. You could tell straight away by her persona that she enjoyed what she was doing and took such pride in her business. The room that we called home for 2 nights was named "Daffodil" and was picture perfect, the views from our window of the Wye river and surrounding landscape were quite spectacular. It was so perfect in fact that for the 2 nights we stayed there, I did not switch on the TV at all. After a long day site seeing around the Tintern and Chepstow area I was so content with simply sitting back in the comfy chair sipping on my Shiraz, nibbling on a snack and staring at the view from our window for hour upon hour. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful and again nothing was too much trouble for the host. My better half paid the ultimate compliment when she said "I don't want to leave and could spend a week here". A wonderful few days spent in the spectacular Wye valley. Tip: Driveway is very steep so if you feel uncomfortable about this, there is a pub called the Sloop Inn just 30 metres down the road where you can park your car.

Room Tip: If using a sat Nav key in the postcode to find this B&B
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Nickie M, Owner at Ty Bryn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you for your review and the kindest words. You're quite right Mike, I do enjoy running my Bed and Breakfast very much, helping guests make the most of this incredibly beautiful part of the world, and I put the energy and enthusiasm into each and every guests' stay that I would wish to receive myself when I travel. It's a simple ethos, but I've high standards and I hope that this translates into an excellent experience for my guests.

Llandogo is a great base from which to explore the Wye Valley, with lovely riverside walks, a bustling village shop, pub, an annual River Festival and music, dance and film events at the large village hall. It is a picturesque village, clinging to a steep hillside, and that does mean that many of the houses have steep driveways. Ours is a bit of a technical driveway, requiring manoeuvring on a slope, and guests are always fully informed of the situation prior to their stay. As you say, there are flatter parking options in the village and we do ask that if you do use The Sloop Inn's carpark that you could perhaps enjoy a drink or even a meal there too during your stay.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We discovered Ty Bryn in February and enjoyed our stay so much that we returned in May with friends who absolutely adored this special place. We have had a wonderful weekend walking and being spoilt at Ty Bryn and will return again soon.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Nickie M, Owner at Ty Bryn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Alison and Paul, it was great to welcome you back and to meet Anita and Gary, and I'm so glad you all had a super weekend break. I still can't get over how far you all walked on Saturday, making it up to the Devil's Pulpit above Tintern Abbey too. Exceptionally well done! I look forward to your return and, it goes without saying, do book direct with us to take up our current Special Offer ;) Best wishes, Nickie.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

From the moment Nickie welcomed us to Ty Bryn with a pot of tea and delicious home made Welsh-cakes to the moment we left, we felt comfortable, relaxed and "at home" in this beautiful,peaceful and tastefully decorated home.
We stayed in Thistle Room which has a spectacular view of the Wye River. The bed was very comfortable, en-suite shower was great with lovely fluffy towels, and everywhere was spotlessly clean.
Breakfast was delicious including locally sourced ingredients and again,that spectacular view from the dining room.
Nickie and Phil were wonderful hosts and very helpful supplying information about local walks, places to visit and where to eat. Nothing appeared to be too much trouble.
We had a very enjoyable couple of days and will definately be returning to Ty Bryn.

Room Tip: Thistle room is very comfortable and has spectacular views of the Wye River.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed every moment of our stay at Ty Bryn from the warm welcome with freshly made Welsh cakes and tea, to the beautifully presented room with an amazing vue of the Wye river. There is so much to do in close proximity to the b&b and Nikki has put together some great information packs on local walks, restaurants and activities.
Also one for you Nikki, on our last day we went llama trecking at a farm not too far away (Briery hill llamas) and it was brilliant, piccy attached!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Nickie M, Owner at Ty Bryn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Haha, Beth what a great photo of you with llama! What a character. Love it! Thanks so much for the review and photos. I'm so glad you and Steve enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you will come back - you'll always be very welcome. And don't forget to get in touch with us (via our website, phone or email) to make the most of our special offer. Best wishes Nickie x

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had a delightful 2 night stay in the daffodil room. Big comfy bed and chairs in front of the window to enjoy the lovely river views. The Easter eggs were a thoughtful extra treat. Excellent cooked breakfast and nice range of teas. The stand out though was the guest sitting room with wood fire. Comfy place to enjoy a bottle of wine and play cards in the evening. Amazing attentive hosts. Couldn't have asked for more. Hope to return in the summer for breakfast at the outside table.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple