All reviewswell worth a visitfor sunday lunchwrexham lagerbooked a tablelovely mealbe visiting againlovely rooman evening meallasagnabeer gardenmember of stafffamily roomgood sizeno idea what to expectorder at the barmeet and greettrevor
Reviewed 29 June 2018

At first, they said yes to the booking only to email to say no. As they don't because of damage from other 18th birthday party's. This makes me feel very judged and will never contact this hotel in the future for any occasion that I might want. as the same people would still be invited so whats the difference ????
So this was my response to the email
I thank you for your quick response, not the one I wanted to hear feeling very disappointed that you would label every 18th birthday party as the same I now feel very judged by you as a hotel . and will be leaving my views on Tripadvisor as I see you already have some bad ones.
a very disappointed and judged farther Clayton Roberts.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Natalie R, Manager at Wynnstay Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback & tell us about your experience here at the NEW LOOK Wynnstay Arms, Ruabon. We value our customers feedback & we are sorry hear that even before you have had the chance on visiting our establishment, that you were discouraged with under 21 birthday celebration policy. This policy is in place & is well authorised by Robinson's brewery. The decision was not taken lightly for this policy to be put in palace. And we can appreciate how frustrating it is to find a reputable establishment to hold a venue of this specification We can only apologise for us not meeting your function requirements on this occasion. However, we very much adhere to our policies.
We thank you for your time

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Returning from Llangollen recently we chose to try the newly refurbished Wynnstay for a light lunch and refreshing drink.
A member of staff greeted us and availed us of all that was available as unique or special on the menu of the day. We elected to dine outside due to the weather and chose a shady table close to the entrance. Paula then directed us to the amenities and so having made our choice from the mouth-watering items on offer I proceeded to place my order at the bar and obtain some cooling liquid refreshment. My requirements were attended to by an equally pleasant young lady who presented me with a container identifying our table and conntaining variius condiments & sauces.
Our lunch duly arrived after avery short wait and we were well pleased. My own choice of a prawn sandwich with a side salad and very thin french fries. It seemed to be far more than I expected for what I had intended to be a light lunch . I managed to clear my plate, well almost, and was sufficiently replete that I could not contemplate a dessert.
So first impressions were quite impressive, and doubtless we shall return, for something later in the day. Well done Wynnstay and staff.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and tell us about your experience here at the NEW LOOK Wynnstay Arms, Ruabon. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable meal here with us. We will certainly share your comments with our hard working team. Our refurbishment is simply stunning & we are very proud at what has been achieved. We hope that you will share your experience with friends and family. Don't forget to keep an eye on our website & social media pages for menu changes & future offers. We hope to welcome you back again very soon! Kind regards Natalie & Trevor

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Lunchtime visit to restaurant after a walk with Deeside Ramblers. Food was excellent with no complaints from anyone in the group. It was good service as we only gave staff a couple of hours warning that 15 walkers would require a meal. Staff were helpful and efficient. I will be going back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and tell us about your experience here at the NEW LOOK Wynnstay Arms, Ruabon. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable meal here with us. Our refurbishment is simply stunning & we are very proud at what has been achieved. We do advertise local walking routes for beginners/intermediate/advanced ramblers. All routes have proved very popular during these long, hot summer months that we are currently experiencing
Kind regards Natalie & Trevor

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We visited the wynnstay last week for a few drinks with friends following the amazing refurbishment,it is definately for the better! As the food was being brought out, it looked absolutely gorgeous and we will definately be back to try very soon! There was around 10 of us in our group and we got served really quickly and had a lovely welcoming chat with Jess and Jack on the bar. They have a huge selection of gins which is also a plus!! Thank you everyone for your hospitality, we will be back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and tell us about your experience here at the NEW LOOK Wynnstay Arms, Ruabon. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable visit here with us. We will certainly share your comments to Jess & Jack who are both a credit to our hard working team. We offer a wide variety of gin. And we are very proud of our current stock varying in over 42 different gin types! We hope that you will share your experience with friends and family. Don't forget to keep an eye on our website & social media pages for menu changes & future offers. We hope to welcome you back again very soon!
Kind regards Natalie & Trevor

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Came for lunch today at the wynstay and I couldn’t have enjoyed it any more the food was amazing and the service was excellent. Many thanks to the great staff making my experience so enjoyably, Emily, James, Paula, and Marie they are a credit to the team

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Natalie R, Manager at Wynnstay Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and tell us about your experience here at the NEW LOOK Wynnstay Arms, Ruabon. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable meal here with us. We will certainly share your comments with Paula, Emily, James & Marie who are all a credit to our hard working team. Our refurbishment is simply stunning & we are very proud at what has been achieved. We hope that you will share your experience with friends and family. Don't forget to keep an eye on our website & social media pages for menu changes & future offers. We hope to welcome you back again very soon! Kind regards Natalie & Trevor