“Impressive”

Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Main Ridge
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: All day tapas menu with matching wines from our sustainable farm, olive grove and vineyard on the Mornington Peninsula. Opening Hours : Open 9am to 5pm every day. Christmas Day & Boxing Day Closed
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I possibly spent as much time wandering around, exploring the grounds and goodies for sale as I did having lunch while at Green Olive. I chose a salad and some crumble from the Specials menu and also had an iced coffee. Service was speedy and with a smile. (Head for the lower car park; access from the upper one isn't as easy - but if things are busy, you may end up in the upper one!)

GregRedHill, Owner at Green Olive at Red Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review we love having people coming to the farm and enjoying what we have on offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is in a stunning location. The vinyard is beautiful. Theres a little lake and trampoline for kids. We went here as part of Bunyip tours. The food we got was average. Not very big portion sizes. I give this place four stars because the wine tasting experience was great fun. This was really good because the man leading it was the owner of the place. He was interactive. I cant say I learnt a lot about wine compared to other wine tasting experiences but for 30 mins it was good fun.

HI I am the owner Greg and I am very pleased you enjoyed my wine tasting. I do like to having fun doing the wine tasting and thank you for kind words regarding our farm. It has been a project that myself and family have spent everyday for the last 15 years working on. We really appreciate when people understand the efforts we go to. We look forward to seeing you at the farm again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am disappointed to read some of these reviews. Green Olive is a magical place with delicious fresh food and the wine is divine. I can only imagine how hard these people work to have such a beautiful property with sustainable home grown food. I would highly recommend a visit to Green Olive. You will not regret it. You can also take something home with you from there beautiful little store. For those complaining about not having a kids menu, I disagree. My kids love Green Olive. They love the food and enjoyed wandering around the beautiful grounds. If you want nuggets and fries Green Olive is not the place for you!!

Thank you for your review and your summary of what we are attempting to achieve at Green Olive at Red Hill. You have nailed everything we aspire to be as a business. Yes we have spent everyday for the past 15 years working to create this experience for visits to enjoy. We look forward to seeing you at the farm again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Spacious gardens and rows of olive tree. learn about olives and buy goodies in the shop there. Food is comfort style tasty food. Usually quick and easy meals.

GregRedHill, Owner at Green Olive at Red Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Thank you for your review and we look forward to see you at the farm soon. It is so nice to receive reviews like yours as it makes all the hard work worthwhile.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Cannot say enough negative things about the service and lack of customer service offered by this establishment. I would not recommend dealing with them

GregRedHill, Owner at Green Olive at Red Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

This feedback is very surprising and disappointing. We serve hundreds of customers each week and as you can see from other reviews, the feedback is usually complimentary about visitors' experiences at our farm and our tapas-style menu. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.