“Great refreshment stop in the Otways”

Otway Estate Brewery Outlet
Reviewed 8 March 2015

This is a great setup, a winery and brewery in one with some unusual choices of beer available and a small but well made number of wines.

It was a cold day when we visited, so I was glad to see a wood fire and some inviting couches. There is a dining area, but no full restaurant, however there are bar snacks available if you're peckish around lunchtime - a nice range of pies, quiches, sausage rolls, etc or an antipasto platter. And of course there's no shortage of wine, cider or beer to wash them down.

I'm not a beer drinker, but I really enjoyed the blueberry Hefeweizen. The wines went down very well too.

The winery caters for functions, and there are some lovely guest cottages on the property too (see my separate review of the accommodation).

It's only a short drive from Colac, and well worth a visit.

Reviewed 3 January 2015

Lovely self contained cottages with plenty of room and adjoining the winery/brewery.

We stayed for Octoberfest festival that the brewery puts on each year and had a really great time!

It is a short distance from Colac so I would only recommend staying if you are definitely going to feed yourself or don't mind a short drive.

Tip - make sure you bring EVERYTHING you need to cook as there are no food stuffs in the cottages at all (ie, no oil, butter, condiments etc)

Easy distance to the Otway fly from here which the kids love!

PS - the fridge is very well stocked :D

Reviewed 28 September 2014 via mobile

What can I say but wow

The cottages were just beautiful and the price was magnificent.

The beds were so comfortable.... the bath was a treat and the whole experience was great.

So good to get away from the hussle and bussle of everyday life and an added benefit of not having phone reception.

Beers and wine were fantastic and the owners were very friendly and accomodating.

Will definitely go back and thanks for the details on your wedding packages :)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I had researched Australian ciders that used the traditional French / Normandy processes and come across Otway Estate. We visited on a Friday late morning & were pleasantly looked after by the staff member. We tried a sample of the Forbidden Cider & five craft beers in the open lounge area overlooking the gardens & dam. It was a shame the kitchen wasn't open for lunch, though they gave us some recommendations in Colac. I loved the cider & bought both the Forbidden Cider as well as their organic & more dry variety. My husband loved the Red Ale to which we bought to share with the following family gathering on Sunday. Everyone raved about the Red Ale & thought it was a great drop.