• Restaurant
Peppers Seaport Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
The Sebel Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$118
  • Pool
Trip.com
All reviewscellar doortamar riverhelenrosevearsbedbathroom
Reviewed 8 May 2018

I have travelled alot all around the world but never been to Tassie and The Armalong is maybe the best I really thought I was staying in a picture and the Chalet was just beautiful stay in #8 if you can all I can say is just wonderful everything you need is there just loved every second I would give it 10 star if I could thank you so much loved it its a great place for singles couple of family

Room Tip: Number 8 7 or 5 have great views
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jojo1957_11
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We booked into this what looked like wonderful accommodation in November 2017. We paid our travel agent up front. When we arrived on the 28th April yesterday we were told they didn't have a booking.
We have travelled the world and have never had this situation ever!
The woman who answered the phone said she could give us a motel type room! A huge difference to a Chalet. It wasn't ready, no apology, no concern to us as a paying customer.
I called our travel agent who then got in touch with the property again.
The accommodation then called me and said
"You have to find somewhere else I'm not dealing with it. Your travel agent will have to deal with it. I'm terminating the call now."
This is a weekend with a huge AFL footy match on and very little available.
To stay somewhere else we have had to pay another $267.00 above what we paid for the original booking.
I'm guessing there will be no reimbursement for our stress and inconvenience.
This is unacceptable behaviour from a business and there'll be many more reviews of this business from us!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JuKG2014
Reviewed 8 April 2018

We had chalet 2, which looked over the winery to Rosevears and had views of the Tamar River. Had a lovely comfy bed in the separate bedroom, a sofa and a recliner in the lounge, a nice large dining table, and a fully equipped kitchen with a large fridge.
The bathroom was very clean and lovely with a big bath and a massive shower with a very powerful and hot showerhead.
Very quiet at night and lots of little critters on the go. This was an excellent base for exploring the Tamar Valley as it is in the middle of everything. Rosevears Hotel for good food is 3km or 30 minutes walk, 5km to the supermarket and bottle shop, petrol etc, and easy access to the riverside roads to all the local villages.
Will definitely stay here again when in Tasmania. Very good value for the excellent price we were offered for our 7 night stay by booking direct with Helen. Cheers Helen.

Room Tip: Even number rooms have better river views from the balcony for breakfast or drinks!!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

These apartments are amazing. The view, the facilities, the booking and check in process, everything. Clean, quiet, everything we needed. And it wasnt only the obvious things that made it special. The muffins! The interational power adaptor. The massive bath with a view. The bed so comfy that we wanted to take home. The outdoor area. The cooking facilities (because when a place is that good, why go out?) Buy a load of local produce and be self sufficient - it really doesn't get any better. A perfect relaxing end to our holiday.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Stayed in the studio apartment, absolutely fantastic views. Close to highway but noise was not an issue at night. 100 metres to the Tamar Ridge Winery cellar door. Most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Only thing lacking was a toaster, it really needs one for a quick breakfast. There is room for one but sadly lacking. Otherwise couldn't really fault this place.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple