• Pool
Sandown Park Hotel(Noble Park)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I would never stay here again. Very run down, extremely noisy when there is any kind of function on as it spills out in to the common area. There was screaming, bottles smashing, loud music and cigarette smoke wafting in. Reported to management who said they couldn't do anything as they had paid for the function room. Too bad I'd paid for seven nights accommodation in a dirty, run down motel room for absolutely zero sleep.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Lack of cleanliness is the main problem here. The towels are changed every day and the sheets are clean, but otherwise the bathrooms especially are mouldy, there is dirt on almost every surface, including a black dust on some narrower surfaces that obviously never get wiped.
The people at reception are charming but ineffective, which makes the experience doubly frustrating.
I came here two years ago and although it was pretty much Fawlty Towers, the managers at least listened and tried to help. Not with the new managers.
Breakfast is $10, with corn flakes, cocoa pops, white sliced bread and powdered coffee. Why not charge $14 and have decent cereal, two types of bread and real coffee?

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here a year ago and it was during the Sri lankan independence day festival. We were invited to the party and banquet and shared in the lovely festivities as guests.
We returned this year again, at a different month to last year and were shown excellent care and attention to our needs.
Were given extra linen for the beds, without hesitation.
I have stayed at a lot of motels and this is one of my favourites in Melbourne. Friendly, caring staff, swimming pool, clean rooms, ticks the boxes for comfort and has a lovely Sri lankan banquet on Fridays, the food is amazing! Big thumbs up!.!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2017

stayed for seven nights in a family apartment,
The room was ok Each room had a combined spabath and shower. The rooms were reasonably clean if a bit dated. Both bathrooms had mould around bath that a bit of janola would remove.this was two interconnecting rooms one with a kitchenette. It was fine. The rooms were reasonably big with two bathrooms

The kitchen was limited. Kitchen wasn’t fully stocked but staff who were on front desk were brilliant and got us what we needed for our stay and addressed any shortcomings we raised but there were things that should always bee in room e.g lack of pots and bowls, dishwashing liquid/tea towel. Had a full size fridge that only the freezer worked on, but was given a replacement small fridge.

Rooms were serviced daily. On the plus side the property is well located, reasonable parking there are a number of pubs and shops nearby. Great little bakery and small market 100 metres away. Rooms were much larger than similar priced rooms in the area and the price was reasonable .Importantly for families it had a guest laundry and a swimming pool. On the negative side its an older establishment, the hotel restaurant is closed and it would do with an update and more maintenance.

Probably rated about right at 3.5 stars but if got kids or teenagers we would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor that opens onto pool as these have a small table and outdoor chairs outside the room
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Day SEVEN of my trip from Perth to Melbourne and after 3960 kilometres I arrived at the most Easterly point in my trip on Sat 26th Nov. For the first time I was staying for more than a night. I had booked an Executive Room at the Sandown Regency to rest up a bit. The room was comfortable and OK apart from a few minor flaws like no soap holder in the shower and the power socket at the desk not working. What was really not good was that the Free WiFi was completely down for both nights. I was told it was a Telstra problem and the whole of Noble Park was affected. I was underwhelmed by what apologies I did get and at no point offered any kind of compensation. I should add that I needed to top up my pre paid Dongle to cope with this situation. I've said it before and will again - NEVER RELY ON A HOTEL'S WIFI, ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP!!!

Room Tip: Ask to be at the back as the front can get very noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo