• Pool
Sandown Park Hotel(Noble Park)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 January 2017

stayed for seven nights in a family apartment,
The room was ok Each room had a combined spabath and shower. The rooms were reasonably clean if a bit dated. Both bathrooms had mould around bath that a bit of janola would remove.this was two interconnecting rooms one with a kitchenette. It was fine. The rooms were reasonably big with two bathrooms

The kitchen was limited. Kitchen wasn’t fully stocked but staff who were on front desk were brilliant and got us what we needed for our stay and addressed any shortcomings we raised but there were things that should always bee in room e.g lack of pots and bowls, dishwashing liquid/tea towel. Had a full size fridge that only the freezer worked on, but was given a replacement small fridge.

Rooms were serviced daily. On the plus side the property is well located, reasonable parking there are a number of pubs and shops nearby. Great little bakery and small market 100 metres away. Rooms were much larger than similar priced rooms in the area and the price was reasonable .Importantly for families it had a guest laundry and a swimming pool. On the negative side its an older establishment, the hotel restaurant is closed and it would do with an update and more maintenance.

Probably rated about right at 3.5 stars but if got kids or teenagers we would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor that opens onto pool as these have a small table and outdoor chairs outside the room
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Day SEVEN of my trip from Perth to Melbourne and after 3960 kilometres I arrived at the most Easterly point in my trip on Sat 26th Nov. For the first time I was staying for more than a night. I had booked an Executive Room at the Sandown Regency to rest up a bit. The room was comfortable and OK apart from a few minor flaws like no soap holder in the shower and the power socket at the desk not working. What was really not good was that the Free WiFi was completely down for both nights. I was told it was a Telstra problem and the whole of Noble Park was affected. I was underwhelmed by what apologies I did get and at no point offered any kind of compensation. I should add that I needed to top up my pre paid Dongle to cope with this situation. I've said it before and will again - NEVER RELY ON A HOTEL'S WIFI, ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP!!!

Room Tip: Ask to be at the back as the front can get very noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2016

We stayed for three nights in what was advertised as a family apartment, in reality It was two interconnecting rooms with a kitchenette. For us, a family of four attending a football tournament, it was fine. The rooms were reasonably big with two bathrooms - a bonus after a 12hrs at the football with two teenage boys. (Now I think about a bonus with two teenage boys at anytime). The room was ok if a bit dated. Each room had a combined spabath and shower.
Unlike other reviewers we though the rooms were clean if a bit dated. Despite being set up for a family of four the kitchen didn't have any cooking equipment and only limited crockery. We had a full size fridge, microwave and hot plates but the table was too small for four people. It looked like cooking facilities were added as an afterthought.

We found the staff were helpful and willing to address any shortcomings we raised but there were a number of issues that should have been sorted out earlier. This included the lack of cooking equipment, tableware and a TV that didn't work. Like other guests we were charged a $100 deposit for the keys which seemed old fashioned, particularly when the front desk doesn't open until 8am on weekends which would I make getting away early difficult. Unlike other reviewers we found our room clean and it was serviced daily.

Would we stay again? On the plus side the property is well located, reasonable parking there are a number of pubs and shops nearby and our rooms were much larger than similar priced rooms in the area and the price was reasonable for suburban Melbourne. Importantly for families it had a guest laundry and a swimming pool. On the negative side its an older establishment, the hotel restaurant is closed and it would do with an update and more maintenance.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 27 November 2016

Hotel staff were incompetent.No mention anywhere on any site that a $100 bond was required when booking in. Room was dirty...horrible bed linen, flat old pillows, mould all over ceiling in the bathroom, dirty glasses and cups, drapes dont fit sliding door windows properly so was woken up early with light shining through, when i went to check sliding door was locked, the whole door frame almost came off the wall.Old masking tape was all over the walls in bathroom from where it was previously painted. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leigh l
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Pros: Bed linen were properly made, toilet was clean enough.

Cons: Filthiest carpet we have ever seen, broken AC/heater on a cold winter night. Outdated room control buttons, cups and glasses were dusty.

Most places we have stayed for the same price, are much better.We were not pleased overall.
Will not stay here again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple