All reviewspata negrainfinity poolprivate beachsea viewthe busil pagurosalt watermins from the airporthalf boardwonderful hotelchanged dailypastaset menuholiday makerspeace and quietkept spotlessno lift
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife came here for our anniversary and we really enjoyed our stay! We stayed for 5 nights with b&b boarding.
The breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice of things to eat and drink. We also ate in the restaurant one evening, although it was expensive, it was very tasty.

The rooms were clean and tidy, although I thought it was missing a kettle with tea and coffee. I don’t think I have been to a hotel without these before.

The pools were both very nice and I loved the infinity pool. They were all very clean and there were plenty of sun beds for everyone. The only downside, as many people are saying, is the beach. It says it’s a private beach but anyone can come and use it. It was very stoney and lots of seaweed so it’s quite hard to get into the sea but once you’re past the stones, it is very nice.

The hotel is in a quiet area but there were buses that were quite easy to get that will take you into the town in around 10-15 mins which were easy enough.

The staff are very friendly and were happy to help with whatever you needed. I couldn’t fault any of them.

The only thing i think that needs to be changed is the amount of plastic they are using. I noticed that they wanted to help the environment with less towel washing to save water and I thought that was a great idea, but I’d like to see that they now do the same with plastic in order to help the environment. There were plastic cups with plastic stirrers, plastic sticks for fruit and a plastic straw for one drink. It was just too much. I really hope that they will cut it down considerably.

All in all, we had a great trip and would happily go back to this hotel again if we were going to Alghero.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Will P
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is superb and in a great location. The food was fabulous especially from the bbq! Staff are very pleasant and do everything they can to help you, special mention of Carlo and Anya who looked after us very well. I recommend the sea view rooms, they are very tastefully decorated with lovely showers.
There are two swimming pools , our favourite being the infinity pool, but we were rather disappointed with the beach, we prefer a beach but because of the condition, nothing like in the brochure! We spent our time by the pool.
It is easy to walk into the village and catch a bus which are very prompt to go into Alghero to explore.
All in all, a great hotel, but I do think attention should be paid to the beach because it’s not as described.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Odyssey809819
Reviewed 12 June 2018

This hotel is in a great location! I really enjoyed being just outside downtown of Alghero, while still being close enough to access the city or explore other little towns. The entire staff at this hotel, from the front desk to the dining room, to the bar manager/bartenders and cleaning staff, are incredibly accommodating and nice! GianFranco is a superb bar manager - always remembered my order and our server Anya was a delight each morning/night! :)

The rooms were super clean and spaciousness, however the beds were pretty firm and the pillows very flat, so sleeping was not as comfortable as I would have liked. The Sea View rooms are definitely worth it - especially the ones on the 3rd floor which have their own patio overlooking the water.

Access to the beach was quick & easy, however the beach doesn't quite look the same as what the pictures show. It is more of a rocky sand beach, a bit smaller than advertised, and there weren't any chairs or lounges out the entire week we were there to use on the beach. It is possible that the time of year plays into this piece, however I didn't see it advertised anywhere so not sure.

June is a slower tourist month in Sardinia so our timing for the trip was great! We did a breakfast/dinner inclusive stay and the food offerings were tasty & even being allergic to most seafood, I had a lot of options for this being a coastal city. There is no elevator access here, so if it is difficult for someone to get around up and down the stairs all day, this could be a challenge here. All around, this was a great hotel and beautiful location!

Room Tip: Sea View Room is worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Erica O
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

My mum and I have just come back from a lovely week at Hotel Punta Negra. The rooms, pools and outside areas are as the pictures show. The views from the hotel are majestic.

The only downside was that the beach was closed due to a storm the previous week washing up seaweed which was a shame. The closest beach was Le Bombarde which is a 30min walk or you can get on the beach bus. I do think the hotel could have offered guests a ticket for the bus as it was €5 for a day ticket and the private beach was one of the reasons we booked this hotel.

We were on a half board basis and we were so impressed that each evening the menu was different and each evening we were not disappointed. Carlo and his team look after us at breakfast and in the evenings, the staff are friendly and attentive, a great team!

Recommendations -

Get the bus to Algerho (ALFA)- walk to Fertilla (8mins to the bus stop) purchase your ticket from the news station on the corner you can buy both journeys at €1 each. The bus comes at 10 past the hour and takes 20mins to Algerho bus stop which is near the Old Town. The Old Town has some lovely cafes, resteraunts and shops! The bus back from Algerho is from the same spot where you’re dropped off at half past the hour.

Go to Le Bombarde - if you’re up for a walk it’s only 30mins or you can get the beach bus, or it is one of the stops along the hop on hop off

Have an Aperol Spritz at the bar down the road - it was a relatively new bar so I can’t recall the name. It is on the main road next to the petrol station, you’ll see it from the bus if you go to Algerho. The food and drinks are very reasonable and there is some seating out the back that gets the evening sun on!

Finally make sure you try a bottle of the local wine from the region, Cannonau

All in all a fantastic relaxing trip which was just what we were after, and it would be a 5/5 review if the beach had been open.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank CharlieLou91
Reviewed 15 May 2018

We stayed at the Punta Negra for four nights may 9-13 and we found somewhere that would be hard to better. From the moment I e-mailed the hotel explaining our flight times had changed (they allowed us into our room at 11.00am even though check in is 16.00pm) to the moment we left you could not fault the staff or the hotel in any way.
We paid a little extra for a sea view room with wonderful views across the bay and this was worth every penny. The room itself was spotlessly clean as was the bathroom. All the public areas of the hotel are immaculate including the pool areas where there are plenty of sunbeds and large umbrellas. The gardens are also immaculately kept.
All the staff are friendly and cant do enough to make your stay a memorable one.
The Wi-Fi works very well in all areas and is included in the price of your stay.
If you want to go into Alghero you can catch the ALFA bus which leaves from Fertilia village square on the hour and returns on the half hour. The last one back is 22.30. The fare is 1 euro 50 each way. It took us 7 minutes to walk to the bus stop and there are 3 bars and a supermarket by the bus stop
You can get this bus from the airport for the same fare and leaves at 10 minutes to the hour or a taxi which varies between 15 and 20 euros and takes 10 minutes
I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.....we had a very enjoyable stay here and hopefully will return one day
Thank you to everyone at Hotel Punta Negra.

Room Tip: we paid extra for a sea view room....well worth it
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PETE D
PNAlghero, Reception at Hotel Punta Negra, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Pete D, everyone at Hotel Punta Negra desires to thank you for your kind review.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were really happy spending your holiday here with us. Our purpose is to make our guest feel at home and from the lines of your review we can notice we succeeded in it with you.
Hope to welcome you very soon.
Our best regards