“Our experience”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Oscars is our daily 'go to' coffee place. The waitrons are great - everyone helps even if it isn't 'their table'. A great work ethic. Great food with a variety to suit every taste. The managers are always on hand to chat and ask about one's day. We would swop to another restaurant.
The inside is being redone is looking great.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After waiting a hour for my sole it arrived with this red sweet horrid tasting sauce. The male manager on duty with such a bad attitude today, tells me they have Always made Lemon & Herb sauce with Paprika. Really?? �� A Beautiful sole spoilt by the most awful tasting sauce. I have had sole there many times with the proper Lemon & Herb sauce. Oscars, you are busy loosing the plot. We have supported this restaurant since it opened and the service and food has been consistent. But over the last few months I have noticed the service and food “ sliding downhill”. I won’t be coming back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My first time I have been to Oscars, I was delighted - I gave it 5 stars, the second time it was not quite the same, so 4 stars.
We had breakfast there in May 2018 - what a disappointment! There was absolutely nothing special, and if you ask me nicely,I might just send you a recipe for a bread. Everyone at our table sent the toast back - your home baked bread.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went to lunch with my friend and ordered the quinoa salad. Now one would think that that base of the salad would be quinoa, especially given the price.
You can imagine my surprise when a salad arrived with the play 2/3 lettuce, nearly 1/3 grated carrot and somewhere hidden below all of the lettuce and carrot was a sprinkling of quinoa. Except it wasn't quinoa. It was couscous.
The waitress was polite enough to take it back with a sort if apology. Then the manager came over and explained that it was a new item on the menu (I find that hard to believe) and that he genuinely thought quinoa and couscous were the same thing.
I then opted for the falafel wrap which was satisfactory but again very average for the price.
My friend tried to order an almond milk cappuccino which was so overheated and burnt that the milk separated. They even messed it up on their second attempt so eventually we gave up and did without the coffee.
For an establishment that has been around so long I honestly don't know how the food and coffee can be so bad. They got lucky with the location and enough people with low standards to keep this place afloat.
Sadly it's another mediocre restaurant in the Upper Highway.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I recently ordered 2 takeaway pizzas, and when I got home I saw the one is not what I ordered. The next morning I phoned to mention it, and I was offered a free replacement. The next day I was back to order something else, and also got the free replacement and a big apology for the inconvenience. Mistakes do happen, and Oscars made up for it and proved why they are one of the best restaurants in Hillcrest. With a wide variety, good food, friendly and efficient service, Oscars is highly recommended