3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.comUS$215
ExpediaUS$209
Hotels.comUS$209
Agoda.comUS$209
TripadvisorUS$209
ZenHotels.com
1,032 results
All reviews thirsty goat big bend national park horseback riding rio grande big bend area old west zip line fajitas bar and restaurant general store rv park remote location western town golf resort fire pit maverick rv sandwiches
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2022

This facility is owned by a man worth 4 billion dollars, that’s 4 with a B !!! Yet, the room ( which did have a view of the golf course ) was equipped with a dollar store quality (1) cup coffee pot. If you want a microwave in your room that’s another $20 per day !
The shower head needed replacing and the shower leaked water into the floor and pooled around the toilet. There is a separate room, not closed off from the bedroom, with a TV and a sofa. NOT a sleeper sofa. So this room, which was almost $400 per night only sleeps 2 people. The stucco walls were in need of repair along the ceiling and around the door. Obviously the owner of this facility is more about the money than providing a class A place to stay. We’ve stayed in much nicer places for less money!!!

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2021 via mobile

We upgraded to a 'delux' queen room. The room was less than delux with the bathroom sink next to the bed, not in the actual bathroom. There was no hot water and very low water pressure in the shower. When we reported this the next day at checkout the staff was unconcerned and just informed us we should have called maintenance. After spending a day in Big Bend and hiking for several hours an expectation of a hot shower at a so called luxury resort should not be too much to ask. We've had much better experience at hotels that cost way less.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 296pennyr
Reviewed 18 November 2021

Great RV Park with full facilities which can be enjoyed by hotel guests, Multiple room choices, good food options, fun, challenging (bring extra balls!) and well-maintained Golf Course along the Rio Grande with some historical significance! Don't miss the Presidio drive, one of the top 10 scenic drives in America.

Date of stay: November 2021
1  Thank KatieDuLa
Reviewed 28 October 2021

We paid $469 a night for a cabin across the road from the main resort area. It was quiet but had no view. It was advertised as having a small kitchen, which is why we upgraded to a cabin. The "kitchen" had a dorm size fridge, sink and two burner stove top. It cost extra to have a microwave and we had to ask for bowls and silverware, which they did provide the same day. The king bed was nice with four very large hard pillows (it would have been nice if two of the four pillows were softer). The resort did offer a free pool and other activities for a fee. Our impression was this is mostly a golf resort. There is very limited dining. We had dinner in the bar one evening (the menu in the bar and the restaurant is exactly the same). The golfers having drinks after golf were so loud we had to shout to be heard while sitting next to each other. The food was below average and my mashed potatoes were cold. Dinner in the formal restaurant the next evening was better but the steak was fatty and our second round of drinks never arrived. The outside is well maintained and lovely. There is no internet service outside of the main hotel lobby. Also, if one is planning on visiting Big Bend, please be advised it is an hour drive from the resort. The front desk people were very friend and helpful.

Room tip: Truthfully, unless I was going for a golf weekend, I would not stay at LaJitas.
Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank TexanDFWarea
Reviewed 28 October 2021

I don`t play golf any more but my wife and I rented a golf cart to check out the course and do something different than hiking. It was worth the effort. What a fine but very challenging couse. There is a small airstrip for private planes which is the best way to play golf there and stay at the fantastic resort. I would go in the winter. We were there in February and caught a day with mid eighties. I think the 60s would be ideal temperature to play there. The golf carts are heavy duty for climbing and coming down steep hills. A regular golf cart would not work on this course. It is a very impressive golf course and I heard one of the most challenging courses in the U.S.. The resort is very nice and a small town. The restaurant is delicious and a gorgeous setting. Unfortunately my great photos of the view from the restaurant are on my phone and I already started this review before realizing this.

Room tip: We didn`t stay there but I would expect nothing less than first class.
Date of stay: February 2021