“Very good pizza”

Alla Vecchia Maniera
Ranked #33 of 101 Restaurants in Volterra
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ristorante self service a pranzo e pizzeria la sera
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Go there if you want to eat a really good fresh pizza and avoid the more commercial restaurants on and along the nice Plaza's.
Drink it with a caraf of a sprankling Prosecchino!
Very cheap and good quality!

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

We went here for lunch, the pizza was not the best, but OK. Because my son was on my lap the waitress offered to cut my pizza in slices. Friendly I thought... but we had to pay 4 euro's for this hospitality?!!!! We went a way dissepointed...

Reviewed 16 September 2016

We ate here 2 years ago on a previous visit and remembered the food was excellent so wanted to give it another try. We were not disappointed. We started with the Antipasto which was huge and amazing. Please check out the pic.

Then I had the best 4 cheese pizza ever. Lovely crispy base and loads of topping with just the right combination of flavours - awesome! My husband chose pasta which was also really good. We were too full for dessert. The service was great - efficient and friendly and the bill for the food and also water and a litre of wine was 40 euros.

We decided to eat there again the following night but it was a totally different experience. We sat outside again on the tiny terrace (only 2 tables) as it is like an oven inside the restaurant. It took ages for our order to be taken and we then waited 45 minutes for the Antipasto Misto to arrive. Again it was amazingly good. But I had to go inside and get our plates and drinks which just didn't turn up!

The pizza's arrived eventually and were great but we were annoyed that preference seemed to have been given to takeaway orders while we sat and watched our waitress chat to her mates and at one stage even go for a stroll up the road for about 20 minutes?!?. That night for some reason she just wasn't interested - and yes, we had left a descent tip the previous evening :-)

We went in to pay the bill rather than wait and the women behind the bar did apologise and thank us for our patience. So, if you get them on a good night you will have a great time just be aware you might have a long wait.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

The best pizzas in town. The local people eat at this place and it was the best. You must go to this place if you want a good pizza, I loved the la primavera.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

We were in a mood for pizza, having had little it with so many wonderful more complex alternatives, Walking along to build up an appetite, we passed to (coperto and service included) and sere hungry enough to try All Vecchio.

They also do an E12 meal with primo of spaghetti Bolognese and a pesche second of some type or other with a mystery contorno and water. The girl said it was self service which we could not understand as there was no food set out. Perhaps she meant without service, which might make some sense instead. That was the first bit of confusion relative to price. We stuck with the pizza.

My wife's small Sprite was seriously overpriced at E3.50, my draft medium tasty Italian beer reasonable at E3. There was nothing written outside or on the menu about an E2 per person for one pizza in this very simplistic place (far less visually attractive than the two without coperto on far busier streets that we passd).

I am reducing my rating to average as for the price it was't worth E19 in such a simplistic setting with a single pizza, one Sprite and a medium beer, as well as because there was no indication of a coperto to be added. We've had pizza in Italy any number of times over the years.

Copertos involving a pizza are usually reserved for nicer looking places, nonexistent or at least posted clearly on the menu both outside and in.