“Great location. Surprising menu”
Review of Cafe Fappani

Cafe Fappani
Ranked #22 of 28 Dessert in Viareggio
Price range: US$17 - US$40
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We visited on a lovely warm evening in August. We sat outside on the boardwalk and watched the world go by. We struggled with choices on the menu, which did not seem to be conventially ordered (starters in the middle). The choice of main courses was not conventional either.
However, everything we ordered was surpisingly tasty.
The seafood and mozzaerla fishes were substantial. The Coldfish (not cold!) was yummy.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Great pizza, fair price ...... clean place you can eat inside ore outside , salat very frech .. mjög fínt heimagerðar pizzur . . .

Reviewed 16 July 2018

I can't understand the poor reports that some people have given this fantastic restaurant.

We were staying on the promenade and it was the best restaurant we ate in. The service and the food were excellent. The pizzas in particular were superb.

We met the proprietors and they were charming and polite and couldn't have been more helpful as were the staff.

We would strongly recommend this premises and would definitely return.

David "mustard seed"!!!

1  Thank davidgavagan
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

I went to Fappani Caffè yesterday for breakfast with my husband who doesn't speak Italian so it took literally 10 seconds for us to decide which croissant we wanted and for me to tranlaste to my husband the different choices they have in English. The waiter (lady) was there standing and ready with the tongue and as she was standing for Few seconds waiting for us to decide, she started to be very rude, impatient, snorting and her facial espression and the way she raised her hands said it all. As I am Italian I could understand very well her comments with her colleague which made me very upset and I left to another Caffè. This should not happen and managers of caffe should take action against this rude service and poor customer service skills. It was an unpleasant moment and I felt shame and embarrassed to show my husnand, who was very schocked watching the behavior of this Waiter which definitely DOES NOT REPRESENT THE ITALIAN HOSPITALITY!!!

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

We passed here and asked about gluten free pasta. Amazingly not many places do it here but the owner was superb and made a great effort with us. All the food was really good, not just the gluten free options and the service extremely friendly. And remembered us two days later which was a nice touch.