“A difficult master”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

last night we had a fantastic surprise: we had dinner with friends and when we arrived the place looked a little strange. when the owner came to the table, he told us that he would have cooked the fish the way he wanted and if we didn’t like it we were free to go away (?!?!). finally the food arrived to the table and we had one of the greatest meals ever !!!! it’s a place you need to visit if you desire fantastic fresh fish as good as it gets. every plate that we had was delicious. A real hidden pearl

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Stayed for a few nights in Viareggio and came upon this quant restaurant serving seafood only. We booked and took the degustation menu of 6 courses plus a couple of 'extras' thrown in - amuse bouche plus one other.
For drinks I let the staff feed me with their recommended white wine which was perfectly acceptable.
Each course was superb fish of many varieties, much of it raw but with little twists added to really get your taste buds going. One course in particular stands out - a slice of apple, a slice of raw salted fish, soya mayonaise and some orange ...... each mouthful of this combination went through sensations of creamy, sweet, tangy and then salty tastes. Very clever and very enjoyable.
The chef came out to explain each dish as it was served and she certainly improved our experience.
The degustation menu was 35 euros a head with wine obviously extra. Incredible value for a special evenings food excellently prepared.
Thank you to all at Buonumore!

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank petel54
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I will write in english so everyone can understand. Me and my husband wanted to have dinner there because every time i drive by the colours inspire me since i work in a 4 star hotel i said to my husband Who is chef as well, really want to have dinner in that place....well....we did not get that far.... passed by to ask till what time they are open, because we came after work...this women looked at me as if i was insane!!!not friendly at all and responding rude. For sure will not send my guests to them!! I also tell the people not to bother risponding to this comment because i dont care about your answer. Yoy are rude!! End of story!! I never give comments on TripAdvisor but you deserve it!!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Simona Fantoni is the talented chef at this slow food recommended restaurant. Although the portions of the “crudo” and baked fish were small, we found each course perfectly executed and delicious. Fantoni’s father, our waiter, provides a passionate historical explanation of each dish. The restaurant serves local fish normally excluded from the menus of other fish restaurants. Each dish is unique and delicious.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 12 April 2017

This place is my wife's and my favorite restaurant. As simple as that.
The fish is treated with an absolute knowledge of its characteristics, respects of its delicate nuances of taste and assembled in yummy dishes.
The formula we prefer is the menu, created by Simona, the chef, with the fishes local fishers selected for her in the daily market.
She then prepare traditional and creative dishes. In the latter type, Simona offers even more expert gourmets interesting combinations, that make the most of exalting ingredients.
Every time we pass by Viareggio, we cannot impede ourselves to stop by, even when we're in a hurry to go somewhere else!

Date of visit: March 2017