“Great hot chocolate”

Ranked #98 of 516 Restaurants in Viareggio
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: "Crepes & Cafe" makes crepes since 1992 and it is the first that makes creps in Versilia!!!You can find our bar in the main street of Viareggio (Passeggiata lungomare), near Piazza Mazzini.Our specialities are the crepes made with eggs, flour and milk. We do a lot of sweet crepes (with chocolate, jam, fresh season fruit, cream, ice cream and naturally Grand Marnier!!!) But also a lot of sauvery crepes (with ham, smoked ham, cheese, tomatoes, salade, mushrooms etc...)!!You can invent your favourite crepe and we will do it!!!Try our Piadine too!!! Piadina is a tipical italian bread made with water and flower: we put on the hot iron with items you like more!!!We are waiting for you!!!
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This is a very casual cafe. I stopped here a few times during the three months that I stayed in Viareggio over the winter, both with my husband and on my own. (It was actually the only place that I ever saw another lone woman diner.)

The crepes are fine but I really went for the hot chocolate. Besides being tasty, it was beautifully presented in lovely pedestal cups AND came with little biscuits. It was nice to sit outside in the glass enclosed porch, sip cocoa, and watch the people walk on the Passeggiata.

1  Thank BlueTravels

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Stopped at this place for dinner. My wife and ordered the piadina that was not made with proper Italian flatbread but was the cheap supermarket fajitas tortillas. The filling was cheap.
I have tasted proper piadinas elsewhere. Should have guessed as we were the only ones eating there.

1  Thank GurpalLondon_England
alexbruno84, Ragazzo di Bottega at Crepes & cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear GurpalLondon_England,
are you sure that you eated in our bar!?
A lot of places close to our bar make piadina! We are sure that our piadina are 100% italian!!!
Particularly our piadina are made with the Rimini's recipt (Rimini and all the Romagna region are the capital of Piadina!!!)
Also the ingredients we put inside them are 100% from Italy!!!

Thanks for your comment....even though we believe you have been in the wrong place!!!

Best regards
Crepes & café

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Our tour manager for Tuscany had most of his lunches here and I can see why. Friendly staff, good value, prices and overall experience. Had a nutella crepe one day and pizza another. Both were just what I expected.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

This Creperie is located on the main Oceanside drag in Viareggio. Just a small cafe, but it offers a bewildering selection of crepes. Very tasty, and just touched the spot for a light lunch.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

really nice crepes and friendly people. Enjoyed sitting and watching the world pass by here. good value