See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 February 2018

No Lobby and basic breakfast. Very convenient rooms. Extremely friendly staff. I liked very much the fact that it is built for disabled people. Location is a little off-center but easy and short walk everywhere. Wasn't a problem even during snow storm

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Firstly the place looks and feels like a YMCA. It is cheap and chips but there's clearly a reason behind that. Secondly the staff is quite unfriendly. Some overly tanned muscular chap on the first day literally grunted at us when we turned up. In a 3 bed room, we were given 2 pillows. We naively assumed it would be corrected by housekeeping in the morning but when we rang up reception at night we were told it wasn't urgent and they would sort out the next day. The temperature in the rooms cannot be controlled - we were left baking one night. The ceiling tile looked raised and all in all most of the staff weren't the friendliest. Unless you are disabled and need wheelchair friendly facilities I wouldn't touch this place with a barge pole.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

Last week I went on a school ski trip to Sestriere, which I greatly anticipated, although the hotel let me down greatly. I stayed in room 109, the 'suite', in my eyes it was anything but a suite, everything someone in my room would pushed or pulled to hard, it would normally break, and then we were charged. The mattresses also felt like they had holes in them. Furthermore our bathroom door would not shut, which was a nightmare for a room of boys. The only positive I can find for the room is that it had Sky TV, but the TV was awful! On to the food, only the starter was good, the pasta was delicious. But, the staff were very unfriendly and always grumpy. One of my mates ripped a bit of the table mat, he had a go at him and glared at him for the rest of the trip, a horrible man, the same for the waitress, although she was the only one who sometimes smiled! The breakfast was the worst, the only inviting think for me was coco pops! Not good enough for me. I would fully suggest the location but the hotel was awful.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2015

The hotel was modern and clean and rooms were clean and warm. That was about it.
The rest of my stay was really unpleasant.
Firstly, only 1 person spoke English and was helpful to me - that was the person who checked me in.
I booked 4 nights with full board (breakfast and lunch were included). There were 2 waiters who served me - one of them was a bald-headed guy in his 40s, the other was a young gentleman of oriental decent.
Both could not speak a word of English and really could not translate the menu to me. Since I couldn't understand a word of what they were saying, I tired suggesting (in sign language) to ask the receptionist to translate. They didn't understand this either. Eventually I picked some random things, Food was very small portions and not too tasty. Somewhat bland. Then they offered me water, and somehow said it was free. I was very sceptical of asking for water in places in Italy because they expect you to pay for bottle water. The bottle water both waiters gave me according to them was "free". They did tell me in poor English "free water".
So I had this at each meal.
Also in the morning, there was a buffet and one could have had as much coffee as you liked. I asked to have a coffee made and brought to my room (not as room service!!) after breakfast. The same bald-headed gentleman made an Americano and brought it to me. Little did I know he actually charged me for it! - The same type of coffee from the buffet breakfast!
When I checked out, the male receptionist told me that I owed €60! I asked what for. He too was quite rude and made no attempt to speak English. He said it was "extra", "extra". I tried to explain to him that I was told that the water was free and he behaved as though he didn't understand. I demanded to speak to the manager and he didn't oblige. He threatened to deduct my credit card. Isn't it amazing that people so "magically" speak and understand English when you indicate you aren't going to pay for something, but when you complain they "no speak English".
For a place that is endorsed by the Lion's Club they sure know how to treat people like excrement!
This hotel I would say ruined my entire impression of Sestriere.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2015

Recently stayed here on a skiing trip. My daughter is in a wheelchair. First hotel she's ever stayed in where she found everything fully accesible and did not feel 'the odd one out'. So absolutly perfect for her. For her purposes it was ideal. The presence of an 10 month old baby in our midst was no problem to the hotel at all and demonstrated the Italians love of young children

Rooms are a bit basic, but clean and comfortable and warm. Hospitality could not be faulted, tried to meet all our dietary needs and wants, even down to trying to bake a chocolate fudge for us one evening.

Some posts have said its a distance from the pistes.....I twisted my ankle and was limping badly all week....it was at worse a 5 minute walk (hobble); but we did find somewhere to store the skiing gear in the town. The free bus was a godsend and well used.

It was a bit quiet in the evenings and unable to find any English TV channels......but wifi was available (and very very cheap) and the combination of mountain air, exercise...and alcohol meant early nights were the norm anyway.

All in all a pleasant stay in a pleasant hotel

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family