All reviews ticket office free ski storage spa area is boot room good size cakes cannot comment half board ski area fantastic location end of the day courses skis jacuzzi basement slopes skiing
Reviewed 28 January 2016

I took the family skiing from 4-15 January 2016 and we stayed at the Cristallo. We were travelling from Malta, and the hotel arranged a mini-van to pick us up from the airport. Since I had to organise skiing lessons for the family, the staff at the hotel were extremely helpful in sorting this out.

The rooms were great and restaurant superb.

One of the main attractions is the closeness of the hotel to ski rental, ski schools and chair lifts. This was especially important since we were a family of five.

I have to mention two persons who really helped make this a memorable holiday. The first person was Clara at reception who really went out of her way to sort out any query we had and the second was the restaurant Manager Pino who was always at hand to ensure top quality meals.

Well done to all, and I look forward to returning to the Cristallo !!!!!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Juan B
Manuela G, Direttore at Hotel Cristallo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2016

Dear Mr. Juan B,

thank you for the wonderful review !Hope to see you next year again!

Reviewed 25 January 2016

I have just come back from a week in Sestriere, staying at Hotel Cristallo.

The location is second to none, you're literally less than 3 minutes from the bottom of the slopes and if you get a room at the front of the hotel, the view is exceptional..

The hotel offers a wellness centre, basically a spa with a few bits of gym equipment, it's fine down there, my only criticism is that it doesn't open until the afternoon so if you want to use the gym in the morning then you can't, also, the jacuzzi doesn't feel particularly hot.

The restaurant and bar are separate, downside to this is that you can't just walk over to the bar to get a drink at breakfast or dinner. However, the staff are brilliant! Nothing is too much effort for them and they do their best to make every mealtime as enjoyable as the last. They're a real asset and the hotel is lucky to have such a brilliant team on board!

Food was good, breakfast was a simple buffet which offered a continental selection as well as cereal, eggs and with the added benefit of sausage and bacon, you'd think that after a week it would get a bit boring but such is the variety, it wasn't an issue. During breakfast, you're also given the dinner menu to pre order dinner, this is great and means that when you sit down for dinner, you can enjoy each others company and don't need to worry about the menu. Food was lovely, the chef put a lot of effort in to cooking and creating the meals and it really shows.

The bar area offers afternoon tea between 4-5pm daily, it's a great chance to regroup at the end of a day skiing and provides free croissants, biscuits and tea. The bar manager, like the waiting staff, is excellent and makes sure that you're getting excellent service.

The rooms were nice, I did find it a bit warm on some nights but nothing that opening a window couldn't solve, the temperature is also controlled by a thermostat behind the curtain too so it's up to you how hot you have it. The maids kept the rooms immaculate every day and again, they were really helpful too.

The mini fridge is a bit expensive and as a result, I didn't use it... perhaps these prices could be looked at? especially as there's a shop 2 minutes away which I used instead!

The hotel also offers free wifi, (bit slow but you'd expect that with the location) and free ski storage!

Overall I'd say that this hotel isn't perfect but the staff and the location massively out weigh the cons. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends and family!

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room if you're looking for a view, however my rear facing room had a balcony!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank George D

Dear Mr George ,

I'm really impressed by the beautiful words to us , we will try to improve every year to amaze our customers!

Regards

Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel December 20th and returned yesterday 27th 2015 my room was top floor on the corner 220 so view of the main road, high street also of the slopes and probably fifty steeps away from the lift. The staff were all very much professional and friendly service and the food was good a couple of times I asked if I could have an alternative dish and this was not a problem. The spa was adequate. on Wednesday a group arrived and their families were loud and behaviour disgusting and no respect for anyone so this was the only thing that annoyed me but the entire other people staying were also extremely annoyed that 3 sleepless nights followed

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Andy C
Reviewed 31 July 2015

We stayed here for 4 nights in July whilst the hotel was being used as a checkpoint for the 4000km Transcontinental bike race from Belgium to Istanbul. About 150 very tired cyclists came through the hotel with many of them opting to stay overnight before tackling the 40km gravel track section of the Strada del Assettia.

All of the hotel staff were fantastically helpful and really went the extra mile to accommodate everyone.

The hotel is very well situated in the centre of Sestriere right next to the main ski lifts. It would be an ideal location for a ski holiday and I would love to come back in the winter.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2015

I booked two rooms for my family on a ski trip with Neilson. Upon arrival we were squeezed into one room. The hotel said Neilson had not told them I had booked two rooms, only the number of passengers. I was offered a massage and a bottle of wine as compensation! Neither were actually given to me. Upon complaint to Neilson it says my single room was an 'upgrade'!! Th hotel never pretended it was an upgrade. I will be taking the matter up with ABTA. Do yourself a favour - avoid this hotel and Neilson. They treat you like dirt.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Ben S
Manuela G, Direttore at Hotel Cristallo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2015

Dear guest,

I'm really surprised about what you said because the problem was not caused by us but by your T.O. and at the same time I'm satisfied about food review
Hope to see you again