1,026 results
All reviews sea view sushi nice hotel private beach off season beach bar great beach hotel is located room was large sitting on the balcony gourmet restaurant outside area two double beds love this place would stay here again perfect location hot food
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Lovely hotel right on beach. Very clean Restaurant was expensive and not many restaurants nearby to walk toOverall a great stay. Bus service right outside hotel very reliable. Breakfast would be better having tea and coffee served at table as only one coffee machine

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
marehotel, Proprietario at Mare Hotel Savona, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Fazzerr,
thank you for your review.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our rooms comfortable and clean.
I would like to thank you for your suggestion about the breakfast service, we will take that into account to improve our services and to make our guests' experience at Mare Hotel even more enjoyable!
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

In my opinion, this hotel is trying to create something it will never be. They say there trying to create a resort. Well a resort has bigger pools and does not stop you using there facilties when they put a beach party on. The cheek of it. They want you to pay an extra 15 euros. To use what you have already paid for in your accomadation cost. And if you dont want to pay for there Love Mare Night. Well you will need to go elsewhere for drinks and food. But theres not alot within a 30 min walk of hotel, so taxi or bus needed . If you like coffee in the morning be prepaired to queue as only one inadequate coffee machine available.Breakfast is ok with a fair selection. And the outside beach area of hotel is a very nice setting. Dont be fooled by the hotels picture of its pool. It is very very small 10mtrs x 4 mtrs long at most. Staff do there job. But we felt they when asking them for something. They was doing you a favour. Two members did stand out as hard working and polite. And always asked if we needed anything. Blonde girl during breakfast. And a dark haired girl in the evening. The halls need refreshing with big heavy steel fire doors type you would get on a ship.Our room was modern and comfertable. We had booked this hotel as our main stay during our holiday. That appears to have been the wrong thing to have done. We wouldnt recommend or return back to this hotel. And whats ironic, when you read some of the managers response. They dont seem to want to take ownership over your coments and always ends with If you return we can shiw you what we are about. Well you get one oppurtuinty with the paying guest and you blew it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
marehotel, Proprietario at Mare Hotel Savona, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear stephannii,
I feel very disappointed too to read your feedback, but I am glad that I can give a few explanations.
Our pool is 98m2, I am sorry that you found it small but I must admit we never received any complaints about it.
I would like to particularly stress out that we do not charge 15€ to let our guests use the facilities included in the accomodation cost. The mentioned price is to join the beach party, and it includes the buffet dinner on the beach, a drink and access to the party with dj set. Usually the beach and pool close at 7 PM so the facilities included in the price you paid wouldn't have been available anyway until next morning, independently from the party.
I am very sorry for the coffee machine, I admit that this is an issue, during summer season we normally have 2 machines but unfortunately one of them broke down and is currently under maintenance. I am however happy that you found satisfying our breakfast selection, and the girls of our staff thank you for your kind words. I will personally verify what happened with the rest of our staff, I apologise if you had the feeling they weren't welcoming and at your service.
As for the responses I give to some of the feedbacks, I do say so because I take in the comments the guests make and confront the staff to see the impressions and to better understand what happened. Our primary goal is to make our guests feel like at home, receiving so many positive feedbacks and compliments we feel sorry to not have proven our best to you.
That's why I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Had 4 nights here in one of the delux room with seaview. Firstly we booked this month's ago. The room itself was very clean spacious and modern. But was on the first floor overlooking the flat roof of the restaurant. See attached picture. I asked if we could be moved to a higher level. But was told hotel was full. And these type of rooms was only on the 1st and 2nd floor. Said they would speak to a manager next day. I declined this and said we will just stay where you put us. Next morning weather was bad heavy thunderstorms. God bless Genoa.It was chaotic for breakfast. There was no sign of leadership with the waiting staff. We waited politely for a table. We got one in the end but only because I firmly spoke to a member of staff how long we had waited. Breakfast was of medium quality. But good selection. No toaster, and no hot food though . Coffee machine was a farce. Queues every morning as there was only one machine. Following morning much more relaxed as people could sit outside. Coffee machine still a joke. The hotel is not local to any ammenties.So if you want to go for a drink or meal elsewhere you eithier catch a bus or walk turn left out of hotel 15min walk few bars. Turn right 40 min walk main savona area. Now on a weds night if you want to use the hotels bars restaurant or beach. You have to pay 15 euros, as they do a beach party. We was aware of the party when we checked in. But was unaware we would not be allowed a drink in the bar if we didn't pay. We had been out for a meal and just wanted a nightcap before bed. But was told we had to pay 15 euros each and we could get a free drink and use the facilties that we had paid over £800 for. Obviously I declined this stupid offer. The manager who was arrogant regarding this said it would be 25 euros if you was not a guest. . I pointed out I had never stayed in a hotel and was unable to get a drink. He arrogantly said well we don't suffer because of it. Well look at my pictures of your weds night party and then look at my thurs night. Seems to me most of your guests on thurs decided to show you what an idiotic policy you have. Also it appeared most of the party on Wednesday was not guests. Anyway overhaul nice hotel. But overpriced for what you get. Wouldnt go back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
marehotel, Proprietario at Mare Hotel Savona, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear MGFOREVER135,
thank you for your feedback.
I am glad that you found our room to be spacious and clean. I am however sorry that you experienced some issues with our breakfast service, having that heavy and unexepcted storm on that day we had to reorganise the entire service (buffet location, table settings, etc.), so I apologise for the inconvenience.
Our hotel is located directly on the beach, being 3 kilometres from the city centre we have a free shuttle going every day, in case our guests do not wish to take the bus by catching it directly in front of the hotel. As per the Wednesday evenings we have, every week from June to September a party called "We Love Marea". The beach, which usually closes at 7 PM and isn't accessible after that time, becomes the location of the party with two buffets on the beach and cocktail stations. With 15€ per person, instead of 25€ as the guests outside the hotel pay, you can dine on the beach , have a drink and attend the party. The price you were requested included the drink and the entrance to the party. I deeply apologise if the staff sounded impolite, I will verify what happened and promptly take the necessary measures.
I tried to see your pictures to better understand what you were pointing out, unfortunately they turn all black so I can only see the miniatures, but it seemes there's only a picture of the pool during the day and one during the night. I am sorry I cannot give you an explanation. I confirm you anyway that most of the people attending the party were from outside the hotel, since we have an external capacity of 1000 people and a hotel capacity of 150 people.

I hope that you will come back to visit us so that we can prove you that what you witnessed isn't our standard,

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Hi
We arrived to a packed hotel with people and were told unbelievably rudely that we cannot use the swimming pool we cannot use the bar and we cannot use the beach as there is a private party going on
We had NOT been told this when booking
It wasn’t cheap either at 260 euro a night for 2 adults and 2 kids
The rooms upstairs suggested the hotel had been used as a ladies of the night house with jazcuzzis in the rooms
In fact one of them was overflowing and pouring water down the dimly lit jail like corridor
The breakfast room had alcoves full of rubbish being stored and has a busy truck depot feeling
I wouldn’t put my dog up here
Truly orrible

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Archiepilago

Dear Archiepilago,
I am truly shocked to read what you wrote us, but I am glad to have the opportunity to explain ourselves to you and the Tripadvisor community.
You arrived on 8 PM on a Wednesday night, you found there were a lot of people because of our beach party We Love Marea, which absolutely isn't private but is open to everyone, especially to the guests of the hotel as they have a discount on the entrance being 15€ instead of 25€. The ticket includes dining on the beach while enjoying the two buffets located directly on the beach with warm and cold food, one drink and the attendance to the party with dj set.
All the other days the beach closes at 7 PM, and the pool closes at 6 PM anyway because of a Coast Guard ordinance which does not allow bathing without being under the lifeguard's attention, so you wouldn't have been able to use it anyway. However, considering that you were staying only one night and wanting to meet your needs, we even agreed to open the pool especially for you an hour before the actual opening (8 AM instead of 9 AM). As per the water in the corridor, we are not responsible for the use our guests make of the Jacuzzi, of course we intervened as soon as we noticed that somebody had left it open and was flowing.
I am sorry that you have this opinion of our hotel, all of us hope to see you - and your dog, we have the doggy menu at our restaurant ;) - very soon to prove you that what you witnessed isn't the actual Mare Hotel experience.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Our room had an ocean view and was spacious. The hotel breakfast had a variety of food including great vegan croissants and tarts. We enjoyed it at a beachside dining area. The hotel restaurants were all overpriced and one of the staff there wasn't friendly, so we found a great local pizza place called Vecchio Borgo.

Stayed: August 2018