“Wow what a view!!”

Vesuvio Roof Restaurant Sorrento
Reserve with
Vesuvio Roof Restaurant Sorrento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Sant'Agnello
Price range: US$46 - US$174
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Vesuvio Roof restaurant is located on the top floor of Hotel Mediterraneo Sorrento. Featuring amazing views of the bay it is open also to other properties guests. You will enjoy fresh tipycal local food by our resident chef Giuseppe Saccone (since 2009) in a wonderful setting overlooking the bay of Sorrento and Vesuvio vulcano. Restaurant is open for dinner and we warmly suggest to reserve for a seaview table and to enjoy an aperitif in the sunset at White Bar before dinner! Cousine: Mediterranean Contemporary Dress code: smart casual Vesuvio Restaurant: the place to be!
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Book the outside balcony tables and you will not be disappointed, the food was wonderful, service great and the view outstanding!! Tip!!! It gets breezy and cooler once the sun goes down so make sure you take something to keep you warm!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

DO NOT confuse this restaurant with the Grand Vesuvio hotel (like we did!) This is on the top of the Hotel Mediterraneo. Gorgeous views all aound, this was a great dinner for our first night.

It was our first night of our vacation so we wanted to dine where the view was part of the conversation. This was perfect. It was surprisingly quiet, but I had made the reservation right around sunset so we could get the most out of our view. People did start filling in later, we just weren't on our Italian dinner clock yet.

The staff was attentive but not intrusive and had spot on recommendations for dinner. We started with the eggplant bar & pork belly. Not huge plates, but just enough for a taste. Delicious. We moved on to dinner, I had the snapper and my husband had the amberjack (which he'd never had before but love it). They had no problem slowing down our meal so we could enjoy everything and drink our (2 bottles of) wine.

Each course was beautifully plated with care - so lovely you almost didn't want to eat it, which of course was not going to happen. We ate every last bit. After dessert, out came the limoncello and a small 3 plate dessert tasting.

I'm surprised this restaurant hasn't seen more reviews - it really is lovely with an outside terrace and fantastic view, food, and service.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We had the tasting menu last night and the food was exceptional, the best food we had in our week in Sant’Agnello/ Sorrento. The staff were great and very friendly, the wine was very well chosen to accompany the food and the view was amazing. We went for a drink in their roof top bar before we ate and the drinks list is great. The whole experience was fantastic and we highly recommend a visit here

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I made a reservation to celebrate my partner’s birthday and I asked for a cake to be made with something written on it. They called me to discuss the details and they were extremely helpful in setting up everything. Unfortunately, 2 hours before the dinner something came up and I had to cancel the dinner, I called them to explain the situation and that I would of course pay for the cake or a fee....They were really nice and they said that they would call me back to tell me how to pay for the cake. When I got the call back they said not to worry and that I didn’t have to pay for anything.
They were so great and I was feeling so bad!! They totally deserve 5 star!!!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

attention to detail, wonderful service, and a view I could not take my eyes off.
Watching the sun set, sipping on beautiful wine, eating amazing food, it was purely perfect.
If you are visiting Sorrento, and looking for a romantic or scenic restaurant, this will exceed your expectations.
A few errors had been accidently made on the workers behalf, but they did not hesitate to fix them, and go out of their way to make sure we were happy.