All reviewssea viewkids clublovely hotelitalian breakfaststar hotellovely beachaugustdinnerislandcoveelbadesireeswisscourses
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

I was to the bar at the beach with friends. Really good place, bartenders really gently and kind, really good cocktails. If you go to Spartaia Beach or you are in the Desiree Hotel you must to try this place. Marco prepared for us the best Margarita of our life. With Lisa and Alessandra you will feel like at home.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marco Z
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Super room, great food, helpful polite staff.
My only regret is that the hotel caters for children. I don't have a problem with children but with their parents who seem to believe that they are on holiday and the kids can do what they want.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2016

This hotel is on a small clean sandy beach which is almost private with several beach bars, The hotel is in very good condition and the staff are very friendly , The selection and quality of the food on the Dinner menu was excellent and I would stay there any time I visited Elba

Room Tip: Sea view would be good
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2016

Just returned from 5 nights in a family apartment (Paolino?). The apartment was nice, though not luxurious, but worked brilliantly for us. It had 2 bedrooms and a nice balcony overlooking the beach. Beach access is easy (right in front of the hotel) and the pool (where we spent a lot of time) was lovely. Food (we were half board) was mostly great and never less than acceptable. Staff, on the whole, were great. My daughters got special treatment and were very keen to thank one particular member of staff (Mirella) who they adored! Breakfast staff were not the most friendly but not a big issue. Having breakfast overlooking the beach and the sea more than made up for this. Prices on food and drink were reasonable - I might even go as far to say good value! Elba was lovely and I'd go again - not packed out as I feared it might be in August. There is a kids club but we didn't use it.

Room Tip: Get a beach view - amazing view over the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Myself and my girlfriend came here for 12 days and were blown away. First up the the family run hotel has the friendliest staff you could imagine who went the extra mile for us so often (they even put up with our singing sonhappybthere were we :-)
The private beach is great, with a magical wooded walk through via a lift that's been cut into a rock shaft.
The views from our room were stunning and the view from some of the sunbathing terraces even more breathtaking - with magnificent views of the Bay of Naples, Sorrento, the isle of Capri (just) and of course Mt Vesuvius.
10 mins walk from the centre of Sorrento the hotel is placed perfectly out of the noise bu near enough to be convenient. Walk the other way for 20 mins plus and you have Roman ruins, a secret blu lagoon and and hidden away bar/restaurant perfect for sunsets.
The final thing to say - and the hotel don't advertise this - is that they do wonderfully wholesome organic and veggie breakfasts. All self served, vegan cakes, cheeses, organic cereals, fabulous tomatoes. There's loads and it's wonderful quality.
The hotel itself is from the 1970s and the rooms are basic but well maintained and cleaned.
Overall an excellent gem of a find and one we'll almost certainly be.
Ciao!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family