See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Positives: very pleasant customer service, car park, air conditioning in rooms, rooms cleaned every day, nice breakfast (cereal, yoghurt , cornetto and coffee), seating place outside, close to the beach. Disadvantages: wi fi is very poor here. Bathroom could be better (some mold found). Anyway quite pleasant experience

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2016

This hotel would not be a place I would recommend to stay in. The potential is there but it is not used to the best extent possible. I was staying in this hotel for 3 nights on a trip with my friends. The issues with communication started even before we checked in, and that is mostly attributed to the fact that personnel speak VERY little english. We had to check our reservation 2 times as initially I was told that there is no booking done on my name, even though the room was booked in March 2016 (more than 4 months before actual stay). Thankfully, the hotel reception was able to identify the booking and confirmed that we are in the list. During the check-in the receptionist has taken all of the guests passports but they were not returned immediately, rather, we had to go back there again to get the identity cards back. The room did have an Air Conditioner installed, which is appreciated but the remote control was not in the room, and we had to go to the reception again to pick it up. Even though the place has security cameras installed it didn't feel as secure as it should be - access to the rooms is not secured by cards but rather by a simple key. We were given only 1 key for 4 people and there was no possibility to get an extra one. The room that was booked was a triple one with an additional bed, however 2 beds were smaller than the rest, which would cause problems for taller guests. Sound isolation in room was way below average and we could hear the music which was being played at the party close to the hotel. The place does have a rooftop terrace but it is closed. We were told that we can only stay there for 10 minutes and later we were told that we can't go there at all. Room itself was not dirty, but it wasn't shiny clean either. Please be aware that electric sockets in the hotel are based on CEI 23-16 standard and again, adapter was not in the room but had to be picked up at the reception. The hotel does have free Wi-Fi but it is not accessible from the room, only close to reception. Even then you will not be guaranteed to have a good connection because every time there were more than 3 people trying to use the internet at the same time the connection was extremely unstable or refused by the router altogether.

Pros:
Big parking lot. Parking is free.
Big rooms with high ceilings
Reasonable price given the overall experience.

Cons:
Breakfast is very light and food selection is limited.
+ All that has been mentioned in the review before

Next time I'm in Pozzouli I will be looking for other hotel to stay in rather than Hotel Santa Marta. Potential is there, but management needs to roll up their sleeves and focus on addressing the issues.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2016

I stay there with my group, hotel was clean and food and wine was really good. But hotel has a noisy disco nights under the rooms :( If you want buy something, the hodel is well situated (more shopping down the street).

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2014

booked in this hotel on the advice of the company i was going to visit. That was my first mistake. Upon arrival i was greeted warmly, and all seemed fine. Given my key and Wi-Fi password., and thats it. The receptionist just took me too the lift pressed my floor number and walked off. Bad impression left on me. My room big disappointment . No floor plan on door , no emergency instructions. Big room, big bed, the TV was on other side of room on the dressing table , but no remote for the tv, which became more annoying each day. Electric wiring very poor, and also a safety risk. Plugged my phone into one socket, and the main bedroom light switched off! the heater did not work, and the nights were chilly , being near the coast. The bedroom phone had no index list, i had to ask what number for reception form the reception. Had no natural light for one day as the metal blinds would not open. None of the staff are bilingual, which was frustrating. I gave up eating in the hotel as there was no menu and the staff did not peak any english (and my italian is poor). The Wi-Fi was very unstable, even in the foyer which was the designated zone, and virtually non existent in the room. At breakfast i asked if they had any meat, so after a short wait , the waitress came back with raw bacon and cheese!......i stuck to cereal. But bless her the next day she got it right without me asking. Also it's not near Napoli as it states its outside Naples and costs 70Euro from the airport. If i go back to that area i will pay extra for a better hotel, with bilingual staff. Not impressed at all........Oh and no kettle in the room, damn that was annoying.. oh the list goes on......In short stay somewhere else .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ian P
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Booked this hotel as stated in Naples!!!!!! Taxi driver couldn't find it, restaurant closed, terrace closed, couldn't even get a coffee in hotel,should have stayed 4 nights, but left after one. Had to walk 200m to coffee shop for breakfast where you got a coffee and croissant. Never heard of not being able to get a coffee in a hotel. No English spoken. This hotel was a disgrace.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple