“Quality Over Quantity - Wish There Was More”
Review of da Gabrisa

da Gabrisa
Ranked #10 of 95 Restaurants in Positano
Price range: US$29 - US$74
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A marvelous view of the sea, a comfortable and elegant atmosphere where is possible to taste authentic local dishes in one of the most romantic restaurant in Positano. Enjoy also the great selection of wines and other special drinks. The restaurant will be closed from October 21 to March 31. The cocktail and wine bar will be always open.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We saw this restaurant one evening while walking the town. It looked very nice and had a wonderful cliff side view. We decided to stop in a couple of days later for dinner.

We were seated quickly without reservations. Not having reservations meant not sitting immediately on the side with the view, but the view was fine regardless. The menu had some good options, a lot of fish, some steak options, etc.

My wife got the thick spaghetti with tomato sauce and basil. I got the stuffed ravioli (stuffed with ricotta and veal). We both agreed the food was very good, but the serving sizes were a bit on the smaller side. Her plate wasn’t too bad, but mine was definitely on the smaller side. I think I had 4-5 raviolis. It was more of an appetizer kind of plate.

The drinks were very good as well. The servers were great about bringing everything out quickly and checking in with us throughout our meals.

Of course a dessert was ordered (necessary to feel full). I had the tiramisu and it was delicious. My wife’s gelato was very tasty as well.

All in all, a restaurant I’d recommend for the service and good quality. You’ll need to splurge a little to be sure you walk out feeling satisfied.

Date of visit: August 2021
2  Thank Andres C
Write a reviewReviews (744)

Reviewed 2 August 2021

Ah where to start! The food, the staff, the views, the location…EVERYTHING WAS ASTONISHING! UTTERLY BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL. We loved it so much we ate here three times in a row during our stay in Positano. We were also guests at the hotel so we didn’t have far to travel and the hotel was great and breakfast was superb too so we were eager to try the restaurant to see what it would be like for dinner. It was always busy and I can completely understand why. Everything is homemade even the breadsticks, which by the way are out of this world! I will forever dream about those breadsticks. The staff remembered that we liked to have butter along with the sourdough bread and brough this out to us on our repeat visit without us even asking. The staff were remarkable. I could go on and on singing praise for this restaurant but you get the gist. It was just incredible 10/10!

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 1 August 2021 via mobile

If you want to pay 18 € for 5 pieces of ravioli as the main dish, this is your place to go to. If you want a fulling dinner, look elsewhere.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank kimmokooo
Reviewed 29 November 2020 via mobile

We were staying next door to this beautiful hotel and on most evenings I would sit down and have one of those Signature G&TS while I waited for my fiance to get ready.

The place was so good we decided to stay one evening for dinner and I am glad we did.

The food was amazing from start to finish, and I had one of my favourite seafood pastas of the trip.

If I had one gripe it's I don't think you should serve a deconstructed tiramisu it's made that way for a reason, but was soon reconstructed with my spoon and hasn't affected the score.

The staff were all really lovely and accomodating and the service was great and got some really lovely wine suggestions and pairings.

Date of visit: September 2020
4  Thank kieron_Explores
Reviewed 12 September 2020

We booked this restaurant and was really looking forward to visiting. Unfortunately, it did not live up to our expectations. Firstly, the waitress snapped the cork in our wine bottle due to not opening it correctly and then instead of giving us a fresh bottle they sieved this wine into a carafe/decanter which we thought was a little unprofessional as they done this behind the bar without letting us know what they was doing - it just so happened we noticed from our table. Following this, we ordered the “half a lobster” pasta - but as you can see from my attached image, this is an extremely small portion of lobster and the image really speaks for itself. We did say to the waitress that the portion of lobster was small and we did not receive any sort of sincere empathy, all she advised is “no, you get 200g - the lobsters are smaller here” which we personally think should be specified on the menu. I do not ever write bad reviews and this is the first negative feedback I have given to a company but I am just writing this one as we expected the experience and the lobster pasta (which is typically a special dish) to be of very high standard from such a highly rated establishment and due to this being a fishing village in a very popular Amalfi town. I do not want anybody else to waste their money on this thinking they will receive high quality lobster pasta due to these factors. We have been in italy for three weeks and not *once* had a bad experience with the food or waiters/waitresses but I just want to make others aware of this so that you reconsider your choice of restaurant and are not as disappointed as we were.

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank daniellabellini
obiondo, Proprietario at da Gabrisa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2020

We are sorry to receive such a low and subjective rating. Unfortunately, it is impossible to satisfy every customer and our staff is unable to help guests if the problem mainly concerns the type of restaurant chosen. The comment focuses mainly on the size of a single dish. The size are regular, not oversized like many home style restaurants, and it is well indicated in the menu that the past is served with a half lobster. For obvious reasons being a gourmet kitchen, with a chef with over twenty years of experience in starred kitchens, we do not serve dishes with shells inside, as they are flashy but not edible. We think that dining in a restaurant is an experience that starts from the environment, the service, up to every single dish prepared by the chef and his staff. The homemade breads, the amuse bouche, the selected ingredients to prepare the dishes, including the herbs chosen to give aromas and freshness to each dish, are part of a journey that should bring to live and feel the scents and flavors of the place, through ancient recipes made contemporary, something much appreciated by the many people who come to dinner with us.