All reviews cinque terre junior suite la spezia parking garage amazing hotel perfect view sitting room the hotel staff half the price restaurant terrace perfect spot bucket list buffet breakfast is whole team star service train station easy access
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and visited Cinque Terre from here by ferry. We absolutely loved this hotel! The buffet breakfast is really fantastic,the restaurant is very good and the terrace is a great place to enjoy a drink. If you enjoy a cocktail,I recommend one of Alessandro’s creations! We thought all the staff were wonderful (special mention to super bar-man Giovanni) and really tried to ensure guests had a great stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Antonio P, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Portovenere, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Dear Emily W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent stay at The Grand Hotel.

I am delighted to understand that your stay has been such an enjoyable experience, and it gives me great pleasure to read your kind words on our Buffet Breakfst and our friendly and attentive staff.

We take great pride reading your comments about the team at the Venus Bar who is making all the efforts to ensure each guest has a fantastic experience enjoying our cockails combined with the unique scenario from the Bar Terrace.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Portovenere in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Generally speaking one of our best hotels ever visited. The cordiality of the staff couldn’t be better. I highly recommend the hotel because of the staff Paolo, Nicole,Irma and the facility it self very clean and well maintained. Thanks

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Antonio P, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Portovenere, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear jcasaus,

Thank you for your fantastic review. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and very motivating for everyone.
I am delighted you had such a fantastic experience and the team took such good care of you.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Portovenere in a near future

Kind Regards

Reviewed 10 June 2018

This was an ideal location for us to stay while exploring the villages of Cinque Terre. The buffet breakfasts on the terrace were so enjoyable, the staff extremely helpful. We hiked the Cinque Terre trail so we had easy access to the ferry that took us to our beginning point as well as picking us up. Our only disappointment was that our room faced a dull, inner courtyard.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear S6770DKleew,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us in and that you appreciated the team and the location of the hotel. I have noted your comments about the room to ensure next time you can ask front desk to show you an alternative if available, all the rooms are different from each other and the one on the front are the most requested.

I look forward to welcoming to Portovenere in the near future

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Loved, loved, loved this hotel! From arrival in the parking garage to our check out, it was pure professionalism! The location cannot be faulted - right on the edge of the Gulf of Poets, it overlooks the little harbour and seafront restaurants and shops and if you are lucky enough to get one of the front rooms with a balcony (which you should pay extra for), you will not be sorry. The sunset and sunrise are like nothing we have ever experienced!
The breakfast was great and the staff in the restaurant are superb! We ate one dinner in the restaurant as a treat - expensive but an experience not to be missed.
The rooms are gorgeous and clean.
The ferry is situated right outside the hotel so easy to get to Cinque Terre on a day trip. We also travelled by rental car to Portofino which was also easy to reach.
Do not miss the sunset from the church at the tip of the mainland - it is something that you cannot describe!
I have recommended this hotel to all my friends planning to travel to Italy - this town and this hotel cannot be missed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenny-Lee H
Antonio P, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Portovenere, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Jenny-Lee H,

It is such a pleasure to read special reviews as yours, following your recent stay.

I am extremely happy to see that you had such a wonderful experience from the arrival, to the beautiful room with a sunset to remember (not guaranteed but included in the extra price !), and breakfast delights.
Thank you also for highlighting the cleanliness of the Hotel and the Dinner at our Palmaria!
I also really appreciate you recommending us to other travellers.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Portovenere in a not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2018

This gorgeous boutique hotel in the charming town of Portovenenere, situated on the edge of the Gulf of Poets and gateway to Cinque Terre via boat, is amazing! Friendly and helpful staff, restaurant with gourmet selections and picturesque outdoor seating, luxe accomodations, and a stellar location in this UNESCO world hertitage site town make the Grand Hotel Portovenere one that I know I will to return to on another visit in the future! The bathroom counter could have been larger but other than that, love love love this place!

Room Tip: Room son the front side of the hotel have gorgeous harbor and town views, but the rear and side courtyard facing rooms are great as well.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Antonio P, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Portovenere, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear MelissasRecipes4Life

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. Really appreciate your feedback and myself with all of the team were very pleased to hear your comments regarding their warmth and level of service
Regarding dimensions of counter we had to follow many restrictions due to the XVI century building, we are trying to improve with extra shelves.

We look forward to seeing you back to Portovenere in the near future-

Kind Regards,