See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

A simple but comfortable hotel with a warm welcome and smiling staff everywhere. The room is quiet,clean and spacious. The bed is very comfortable. The restaurant is highly recommended with top quality seafood and good cuisine. We had spaghetti alle vongole and lobster spaghetti and they are one of the best we have ever eaten. The waitresses of the restaurant are so friendly that you feel like at home . I highly recommend this hotel to those who want to have a real get away.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed here in May 2013 with my two sisters... This was by far the best value hotel in our month long Italian trip. The hotel was clean,comfortable,great location right on the water ( as was its restaurant and breakfast room ) and nice pool. We had a car so the 5 minute drive into town was not inconvenient.i will be staying here again next year when I return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Louise5460
Reviewed 10 July 2014

If you like to relax a few days on a little private beach with the most beautiful view, this is the place to be!!! The pics of the view are real!!!!

Rooms are a little outdated, but ok. Airco was out of order. The hotel is 7 km from portoferraio.

The restaurant is good for breakfast (average) Make sure you ask the price of the fish of the day for two persons (not just €/100gr) if you don't want to pay €72 for 1 fish :s We found that rude, because all the other meals were between €15-25

tip:
Hotel is not far (800 m) from a verrrry good restaurant la carretta. You best make a reservation.

Room Tip: You need a car
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trijntje14
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This hotel offers a quiet, peaceful location that would appeal to anyone not seeking shops, bars, clubs etc. For these you need to travel by car. The rooms are simple but comfortable, the pool sufficient and the location beautiful. It is the location that was its main attraction to me.

The only option, other than to travel, for eating is the hotel restaurant that offers a mixed and changing menu. The best deal might be the bed/breakfast/dinner option but this limited choice.

The beach is small but is quiet. The view over the bat from rooms and the pool,is lovely. I'd recommend it if you need to unwind, want to just read a book and occasionally look up, admire the view and sip your Campari.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have just spent several days at the Hotel Mare. What a wonderful experience. I felt as if I was staying with family and friends. The position of the Hotel is wonderful, overlooking the Magnificent Portoferraio town. The restuarant is too in an ideal setting just on the seafront . The food was delicious and I had half board and was excellent value plus the restaurant staff were so obliging.
I loved it so much that I am going back next week... Excellent value, ideal location and family run hotel.... Perfect for a quiet retreat away from the hustle and bustle of every day life.....

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.. Views are outstanding
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo