B&B Porta del Mare(Portoferraio)
Baia Bianca Suites(Portoferraio)
Acquaviva Park Hotel(Portoferraio)
Hotel Tirrena(Portoferraio)
Hotel Villa Ottone(Portoferraio)
Hotel Danila(Portoferraio)
Hotel Santo Stefano(Portoferraio)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsopted for half boardprivate beachwonderful coffeeexcellent hotelby chancesister hotelbeautiful islandgymtuscanytennissunsetcourtseaelbacheeseaugustbeaches
Reviewed 5 August 2016

Stayed at the hotel for 6 nights. This is a luxury hotel, and the price does reflect this. The room was very spacious, with a very large bathroom. The hotel has its own pool, as well as a dedicated stretch of the local beach (with sun lounges and towels). The food was great, prepared and presented well. My room was directly next to the bar, so the sleep quality did suffer on the nights with live music. Overall though, luxurious.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
DeFerrari, Direttore at Hotel Biodola, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2017

Dear Ice_D_8,

Thank you so much for dedicating to Hotel Biodola your nice words and sharing your experience with the broad audience of Tripadvisor.

It is difficult sometimes to find the right words to express our happiness and gratitude for such a sincere message of appreciation. We may only assure our guests that our commitment in providing our guest an unforgettable stay will always stay unchanged and we look forward to welcome you back soon in this Paradise.

Best regards.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

Friends told us what a fabulous hotel this is and we wanted to find out if it was true. Well, all expectations were met. Very nicely situated with private beach. Hotel was perfect in every way. Food out of this world. It was certainly worth a visit and I can recommend it to everyone who wants a relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Mrs Patricia255,

thank you for your comment!

We’re very glad that you enjoy the atmosphere of our hotel and it's a big pleasure to have guests that appreciate our services which we continuously strive to improve.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to serving you in the future as special guest.

Best regards.

The Manager

Reviewed 2 July 2016

a wonderful location in a wide, golden sand beach with green hills around; all comforts and special kindness of restaurant, room and beach staff. quite good food, improvable with local recipes and local bread instead of anonymous international cuisine. very unpleasant noises from neighbour rooms and bathrooms, due to awful acoustic isolation: really unacceptable in this kind of hotel! quite nasty and not helpful ladies among reception desk staff.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank viaggiatoredoccident
DeFerrari, Owner at Hotel Biodola, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for the nice speech about our location. While I wish you had a better experience expectially with your neighbour, anyway it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. Unfortunately we can't agree with your feedback about our staff. Infact the whole staff of Hotel Biodola work hard everyday to deliver to each guest an exceptional experience.
If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

The Manager

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel only to find it a lot cheaper to book through a website they tried there best to overcharge us !!
And the breakfast was awful only very limited selection !
Also found the staff very rude !
The room was nice and clean !
Bought a room with a sea view and was charged an additional 80euros although the view of the sea was very limited

Stayed: May 2016
3  Thank Andrew H
DeFerrari, Owner at Hotel Biodola, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2016

Dear Mr. Andrew Horton-Kitchlew,

Thank you for have appreciate our room. While I wish you had a better experience at the check-in, ad we strongly apologize for any mistake we might have done, however we can't agree with your feedback about our staff. Infact the whole staff of Hotel Biodola work hard everyday to deliver to each guest an exceptional experience. Moreover at Hotel Biodola we provide a wonderful intercontinental buffet breakfast that include even fresh-baked pastries, croissants, and breads, cheeses and cold meats etc.. plus a small additional a la cartè menu. Anyway we will take your feedback and use to try to improve. If you will give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests having every day.

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

In Iondon I have been known to stay at the savoy. In nice the negressco.The staff at the biodola are all capable of comparison to the two great hotels I mention. They are a well trained highly motivated team and nothing is too much trouble for them. Morrisemo the concierge helped me several problems that occurred not of the hotels making. He did it with good grace and efficiency. Babera the sommelier is knowledgeable and gracious. Our junior suite was wonderful. Spacious with a great sun terrace and a bath . The items I had emphasised when booking. On trying to adjust the room temperature I found the air conditioning not working. I was informed that the management have the air conditioning turned off in October. A fan was supplied for the room. The sun terrace doors were left ajar. This did help . We had booked for 13 night's. My wife for the whole period suffered heat stress . Can you imagine how annoying it would be! On my paying my extras bill ie €634.I complained about the air conditioning situation the first reaction was that I had left it to the end of the stay. When I pointed out that I had previously emphasised that I was unhappy it was ignored. I considered the supply of air conditioning would by the majority be considered part of the contract.I stated that it being such a nice hotel I would go to dinner giving them time to consider. After dinner it was implied that I was attempting to avoid my obligation to settle the bill. My bill was rounded down to the €600.and my last bottle of wine was complimentary. I will leave it to you the reader to decide whether this was a reasonable settlement. Elba is a beautiful island full of wonderful and proud Italians. The standard of wine and food exceptional. I will be returning but not to biodola. Biodola you did not supply what I paid for.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank John R
deferrari, Direttore at Hotel Biodola, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Dear Mr Rigby,

I really thank you for the great compliments you gave to our Staff, to the room and to our standard of wine and food.

The problem of the air conditioning is a real misunderstanding.
Our air conditioning is not working if the outdoor temperature is less than 20 degrees and when the temperature is less than 16 degrees it turns automatically in heating.

I assure you that we value all our customers' needs and we are sorry that the fan we have put in your room was not enough for the comfort of your wife.

Hoping to welcome you again in Elba I send you my best regards.

The Manager.