All reviews town centre small balcony hotel beach short walk wedding pool beachclub site ruins loungers athena
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The hotel itself is beautiful and rooms are very nice.
The service is not good, the staff speak poor english and you best hope that there is not a wedding going on when you are there because then half the hotel is off limits and you feel very unwelcome.
The beach is far away, do not be fooled and you have to pay for your towels there.
The only pool at the hotel itself is not for swimming in. Only decoration. Which is not as shown when you booked.
Me and my friend felt very unwelcome the whole time due to there being a huge loud wedding the whole time that took up half the hotel and the staffs attention. Apparently there are weddings there all summer so this is not a one off.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Agusta8
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed 4 days in this hotel. Beautiful hotel, fabulous gardens.
Breakfast is continental but all produce are fresh local products. Staff very courteous and helpful.
Hotel is fantastic. It is in the middle of nowhere so you need a car.
The downside is that this is a wedding hotel. And when there is a wedding they do not want hotel guests around. The gardens are closed off. No restaurant available.
You are ushered to a beach club nearby. It is lovely and free. A free sunbed and umbrella either on the beach or on the grass at the club. But you have to pay euro 5 for a towel per day. Hotel should supply this free of charge. There is a restaurant here. Food is okay and readorably priced. However, drink prices are outrageous. Not everyone likes the beach. The hotel pool and gardens should be available to guests.
I asked a member of staff how often they have weddings and was informed almost every day. There was a wedding everyday we were theree including Sunday.
There is a Michelin star restaurant next door if you are feeling flush. But the bar there is even more outrageously priced.
Over all, a beautiful hotel. But they need to rethink their attitude to hotel guests when there is a wedding on.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
esplanadepaestum, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Esplanade Boutique Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear breenp386,

thank you very much for taking the time to post a comment about your experience at Esplanade Boutique in Paestum.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed the location, our breakfast and the service. We are truly saddened to hear that we did not meet all your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for failing to assure you an excellent holiday.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and providing us a detailed review of your experience: your comment will helps us understand the areas that we need to strive for improvement upon.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future, and make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Best regards.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

We arrived at noon and I shoved my passport to the lady at reception and was told Imm that the room is not ready check in is at 2 pm. Being the highest level in their program I asked how she could know that without even looking at my name. She than checked my booking again and told me that I was booked for 11 nights! I was surprised as my booking was for one night. So again I asked her to check and this please look for the correct name, she did find my booking but again room was not ready. I asked her to check with cleaning and same answer not ready. I than asked if we could have lunch while waiting but they have no restaurant here but 800 meters away at the beach. So we took the car but could not find any restaurant with the name Esplanade or BW. Later I was told that they do provide a shuttle. Instead we did find a very nice restaurant Acuqa Blu on the beach where we had an excellent lunch Spagetthi Vongole a huge good portion very fresh, my wife had local whole Lobster with Linguine for 20 Euro a bargain. My Espresso doppio was 1 Euro the cheapest coffee I ever had in Italy. So back to the hotel for some relaxing time at the pool. We came back at 2 pm room was ready but pool was closed for the hotel guests as there was a huge wedding. So we Went up to our juniorsuite for sunbathing on our balcony where we had 2 sunbeds made of Wood and no extra towels or matress to put on the sunbeds but no big deal as the sun already had left our balcony. And what a view we had from the balcony, the only thing we could see was the flat roof over the next building! Balcony could also need a cleaning floor is dusty but they do provide slippers in the room so maybe no need to clean the floor. Wifi was good. Easy to get parking as we arrived Before the wedding guests if after them I'm not sure if there would be any parkings. And this was a Monday so how would it look on a Saturday or Sunday, Weddings sure! The hotel is modern and Beautiful but nor for guests staying here if you dont plan a wedding or birthday party. I feel sorry for the other guest who have booked themselfs here for 11 nights! B-F was below average no fresh fruit but coffee was good and they do provide fresh orangejuice.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JankanHH
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We were overnighting in Paestum just to visit the ruins- the hotel was not busy (early in the season and mid-week). The staff were great and the rooms were quiet- every one had a small balcony- grounds looked lovely-

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Anabelle,

Thank you, we are looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future!
Best regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Visited to attend a wedding at another hotel, very nice hotel clean and comfortable and staff lovely. When I went to pay the bill as we were leaving early morning I was offered a packed breakfast to take with us and what a breakfast it was we could barely carry it as there was so much. Recommend this hotel for a lovely peaceful break.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
esplanadepaestum, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Esplanade Boutique Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear MAGT_9, thank you very much for taking the time to post a comment about your experience at Esplanade Boutique Hotel in Paestum. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed the location and that you were satisfied with the overall services. We would be happy if you could share your pictures on social networks with hashtag #esplanadepaestum. Thank you, we are looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future! Best regards