All reviews pool area is one night cakes bread cereal airport parking balcony
Reviewed 19 June 2017

I stayed two nights for Triathlon race in Pescara.
Traveling alone.
Average hotel as many others in the area.
Friendly front desk.
My room at 5th floor was not so nice and very small.
Very near to the beach

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Stefano Montesi... R, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear Enrico,
Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay with us. It is very much helpful to listen to your comments for all of us. I hope to welcome you back in the next future and in the meantime I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Really nice and helpful staff, but unfortunately no one understands or speaks english. Despite the language barrier, they really try to help.
The rooms are clean, but the decoration is bad in our Scandinavian perspective.
Breakfast is really sweet, white bread, cakes and pancakes.
The pool was closed in April (which we weren't told when we booked).
The location is really nice, pretty much on the beach.
All in all, it is a nice hotel for the price.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Stefano Montesi... R, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Sandra,

Reviewed 26 March 2017

We've stayed one night already at the Hotel City and I have to say it's amazing. We are campers usually, but as all the campsites in this area are closed and wild camping is not allowed in Italy, we had no choice but to stay one night in a hotel. We found this place on Agoda and booked for not much more money than we usually pay to camp. We weren't expecting very much, but how wrong we were!

From the red carpet leading into the building to the impeccable attitude of the staff, this feels like a real 4* hotel through and through. The people who work here are so friendly and helpful, I can't praise them highly enough for their efforts. The surroundings are elegant and luxurious, if a little dated. To be honest, it feels like you've stepped into an extravagant 1920's hotel, which we loved!

The wifi is good (very important to us) and breakfast was varied and very very filling! There is free tea and coffee available all day, and free parking at the back of the hotel. To the person who said the parking was too small... pfft. We arrived in a Toyota Landcruiser with a roof tent, and although our choices of parking space were limited (and we probably took up two spaces) we are happily parked at the back of the hotel, nice and secure, just as we wished.

To the person who said the doors are dirty.... that's called decoration. It's a little odd, and I thought it was dirt at first, but actually they are designed to look like that, probably as a nod to the heritage nature of this hotel. All around there are little historical touches, it's lovely.

My only complaints are that the bed is a little old, you can feel a couple of springs through the mattress, but I slept like a baby anyway. The rooms are on the small side, but we absolutely love that the kids are in a separate room instead of squeezed in with us!! We can actually have the light on and talk or read after they go to bed - perfect!

As the title says, we're staying another two nights. I would highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for amazing value for money and impeccable service.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Stefano Montesi... R, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear guest,
thank you so much for your great feedback about your stay with us. It is very much helpful to listen to your comments for all of us. Guests’ impressions are very important and helpful for us, especially with regards to our facilities and service in order to improve. I’m going to share your comments with my team members who will be delighted to hear about your experience with us. I hope to welcome you back in the next future and in the meantime I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Had a great time at this hotel.
A hotel with a really great price and quality ratio, that as a very professional and kind staff.
From the exact moment you step your feet on the stairs you feel like a vip.

The security aspect it's ok, in fact the require the documents of anyone who will be staying at the hotel.

I booked a standard room for a couple, and I have to admit that I find it really limited and restricted.

The shower is very small for two people, so if you had any fantasy in mind ... is not the best solution.

I really appreciate the fact that there was a pay per view tv (included in the room price) That gave me the opportunity to rewatch the soccer game I missed that night.

There wouldn't be much to say about the hygiene aspect(really cared), except for the fact that the door that suposed to be white were now of a cream color with evident signs left by hands (and other parts of the body). This highlight the fact that the door surface cleaning, has been neglected.

We close with the breakfast, was cool, but I would expect a little more from the environment.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Stefano Montesi... R, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Prince,
thank you so much for your detailed feedback about your stay with us! Guests’ impressions are very important and helpful for us, especially with regards to our facilities and service in order to improve. I’m going to share your comments with my team members who will be delighted to hear about your experience with us. I hope that you will be able to come back and stay at Hotel City Abruzzo. Kind regards.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel has both good and bad points:

Bad points:
--Our room (109) had a very small bathroom, you could hardly move around, let alone stand in there together (meaning more than two people at one time) or use the sink together.
--Breakfast was mediocre. The bread was often from the day before, there was one measly basket with "fresh" fruit (bananas had many brown marks). Typical Italian-hotel breakfast.
--Free parking is too small for big cars (any cars bigger than a Fiat 500L, VW Golf or Fiat Punto)
--Pool area is not as advertised on booking.com, too small and green carpet (fake grass) all around
--We had dirty towels two days in a row, however I must say that the staff was very friendly, apologized and immediately replaced them.

Good points:
--Top location right across from the beach
--Very friendly staff
--Free, secured parking

I rated this hotel as "good" because for the price we payed (290 euros for 6 nights with breakfast for two people) it was all right. If I were to get the same price I would book again but ask for another room and probably skip the breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple