Review Highlights
Great Italian language courses

My wife and I spent 2 weeks at Il Sasso....and had a great experience. The school is in the center... read more

Reviewed 7 November 2018
brucereno
Sacramento CA
Wonderful Week Learning Italian

My wife and I spent a week at il Sasso in September 2018 and we have already decided to return for... read more

Reviewed 11 October 2018
Windwood_104
Connecticut

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Montepulciano
from US$132.80
More Info
All reviews learn italian recommend il spent weeks three weeks minute break fellow students perfect place to learn great progress ivy league learning environment extra curricular activities an exceptional experience a lot of fun this past october tuscan hill town beautiful location grammar
Reviewed 15 August 2018

In English, because most people wanting to go to Il Sasso probably don't yet have a great comprehension of Italian language?
My partner and I decided to go to Il Sasso because (a) we had studied with another (Dante) organisation for some years and wanted to try something different, (b) wanted to go somewhere small (Montepulciano was our 'ideal' size to feel a part of a small community and (c) the school appeared to attract a slightly older clientele which suited our age bracket (>50).
We stayed in 'Monte' for a little over two weeks and attended the school for those two weeks.
The staff were great from Heike at 'Admin central' to all of the wonderful insegnante e direttore, we immediately felt welcome (but knew we were there to learn!).
The extra curricular activities were diverse and generally well organised. Some were moderately expensive for what you received but that said we went on most and enjoyed them all - especially the historic walking tour of 'our town' Montepulciano and the visit to the nearby La Foce gardens.
In addition to the fantastic food and wine of this region, we stayed in a wonderful AirBnB apartment overlooking prime Tuscan fields and olive groves and marked the hours of the day to the church bells which we still miss.
Most of all we made some fantastic (hopefully lifelong) friends which enriched our stay and put the icing on the cake.
We are already planning a return trip :)
Can't recommend Montepulciano as a destination, and Il Sasso as la scuola of choice, highly enough.

Mark & Shaunagh - Gold Coast Australia

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2018

In only a week, my Italian improved immeasurably. It was fun too, as the teachers were delightful and ensured that we talked about all sorts of subjects, however halting our Italian.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I took a three-week course at Il Sasso (group lessons in the morning and a private one hour lesson in the afternoon). The staff were great and the class sizes were small. The teaching was excellent!
Montepulciano is a beautiful Tuscan hill town, adding significantly to my overall experience.
I will most definitely return to Montepulciano to go to Il Sasso again.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 17 June 2018

This school is definitely the gem of Montepulciano and Tuscany. I was completely in awe of the level of classes here. They are well balanced with grammar, speaking and listening. As well as lots of interesting activities to make learning experience fun and efficient, like games, "field trip" to the local market to explore local produce and learn new words. Teachers are attentive, knowledgable, intelligent and fun! At this school you feel how much they care about what they do! It was completely enjoyable and unforgettable experience!
Grazie mille - Silvia Celli, Cinzia Casagni, Sara Chierchini, Heike Wilms, Eleonora Vieri!

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank karinak195
Reviewed 6 June 2018

To first begin with a little bit about myself, I have previously studied four other languages: Latin, Ancient Greek, French, and German. In three weeks at Il Sasso, I learned as much as I did in one semester of German at an ivy league university. The teachers are amazing, enthusiastic, and you will absolutely be amazed at how much Italian you are able to pick up in one or more weeks. I definitely hope to come back and would encourage anyone to do it.

A few words about the town, Montepulciano is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful place to spend a couple of weeks.

There were people while I was there as young as 16, and as old as 70, the program really is appropriate for all ages!

Date of experience: May 2018