Review Highlights
Wine tasting tour

I had such a wonderful experience to this boutique winery. Great hosting, nice location, amazing... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Tomas P
Siena, Italy
Delicious wine and nice tasting experience

Reviewed 9 July 2018
mamesteve
Canton, Massachusetts

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Montepulciano
from US$207.50
from US$34.60
from US$132.60
More Info
All reviews nice tasting family run winery small winery delicious wine irene grappa appointment wines tuscany
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This family run winery was one of the highlights of our trip. The wine is delicious and Irene gave a wonderful presentation of what makes this winery different. Everyone in our group purchased wine to be shipped home- I can't wait to get my shipment.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank mamesteve
Reviewed 17 May 2018

We were staying at Lupaia, which is close by, and the hotel recommended we visit this winery. We are so glad we did. Irene, who greeted us without an appointment, shared 6 different bottles of wine with us and we, of course, purchased several because they were so delicious. It was nice tasting these wines which are much different than the big Brunellos in Montalcino. This is a great place to visit to try wine that is unique to the area in Montepulciano.

Date of experience: May 2018
2  Thank steveseldo
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Friendly, engaging folks... but mostly, excellent wine... well worth the money, and they are happy to ship to the US....

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank williamaE7787XK
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived without an appointment and were lucky as the lady running the tastings was just arriving and made time for us before a booked group arrived. This is a relatively small winery, but the quality of the wines produced is superb. We tried a wide range but - surprisingly for me - it was the instantly accessible Rosso di Montepulciano that impressed us even more than the various versions of Vino Nobile. Perhaps the 5% Merlot made the difference. Anyway, 24 bottles were duly added to the luggage in our car. We also tried an unusually smooth Grappa and a stunning 30-year-old Vinsanto that one could easily mistake for a top Tokaji. Our hostess was welcoming and knowledgable, making this one of our best experiences in decades of wine tastings. Bravissimo!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank TonySwiss
Reviewed 7 October 2017

My husband and I visited this winery based on a recommendation from another winery in the area. We were lucky enough to get in even though we did not have an appointment. Our host, Irene, was so gracious and gave us a fantastic tasting experience. Across the board, these wines were amazing! And while I personally am not a fan of Grappa as it is usually too strong for me, this Grappa was incredible! I would highly recommend tasting at this winery.

Date of experience: September 2017