“Outstanding wine tasting experience”
Review of Montemercurio

Montemercurio
Reviewed 7 October 2017

My husband and I visited this winery based on a recommendation from another winery in the area. We were lucky enough to get in even though we did not have an appointment. Our host, Irene, was so gracious and gave us a fantastic tasting experience. Across the board, these wines were amazing! And while I personally am not a fan of Grappa as it is usually too strong for me, this Grappa was incredible! I would highly recommend tasting at this winery.

Date of experience: September 2017
"wines"
in 9 reviews
"tuscany"

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We had a great experience here. The wines were wonderful and the service and explanation of each wine was informative and humorous. Loved it. I think you have to book an appointment for your wine tasting, so phone before you go.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We visited Montemercurio as part of a wine tasting tour of Tuscany and it was one of our favourites! Irene stayed open late especially for us and was very charming and funny. The wines were delicious and we ended up shipping some back home. We even got to try a Vin Santo that is older than I am, which was a treat!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a visit to Montemercurio!

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank Helena H
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

During our weekend in Montepulciano, we visited four wineries and Montemercurio was by far our favorite. Amazing wine, an interesting family story/history, and lovely staff. Irene led our tasting and was so warm and friendly - she made us feel right at home! We highly recommend a visit!

Date of experience: July 2017